Paid Social Account Executive, Nike
Job title: Paid Social Account Executive
Function: Digital Exchange
Reporting to: Exchange Social Director
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
ROLE PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITY:
Working within the Nike EMEA Exchange team you will form an integral part of the Paid Social team, developing plans, executing and reporting on campaigns from all categories across the Nike business. The skills you will develop will be aided by an expert team who will lead your training on a daily basis across both the Social Platforms and the wider digital landscape.
This position requires a high-energy, self-starter with strong social and analytical skills, high detail-orientation.
Strong collaborative skills are imperative across The Exchange Team - You’ll work closely with the wider Integrated Media team, Nike’s agencies, analytics teams, digital tech Teams, Creative teams.
MINDSHARE WW AMSTERDAM STRUCTURE:
This is a unique role on a unique client. Based in Amsterdam and frequently working from Nike’s European Headquarters in Hilversum, this team is set up to serve Nike across EMEA. We are a team of multi-disciplined, multi-national, multi-lingual individuals. Since the majority of the team are ex-pats we have a tight team structure, so if you like working with a close-knit and energetic group of people then this could be the role for you. We have the culture of a boutique agency, backed by the global support network of Mindshare WW.
The team is fast-paced, quick thinking and passionate about the brand.
- Building campaigns across multiple social platforms
- Creating tags and tracking codes
- QA - campaign checklist
Management of creative and Production sheet
- Working with Nike and planning teams on optimal creative for each platform and objective
- Managing FAQs from Comms team and Nike
- Managing the Approval of creative links sheet
Campaign optimization and testing
- Discussions with wider team throughout the campaign
- Weekly reviews, including Test and learn reviews - feeding into Nike during weekly status
- Work with planning team to agree on reporting timelines, KPIs and reporting formats
- Responsible for ongoing campaign reporting, using both Excel + Datorama
Campaign wrap ups
- Creating and analysing weekly and end of campaign reporting, combining with display and video reports.
- Feeding into PCAs
Nike + Finance Compliance
- Prisma booking & actualisation (using internal booking system)
- PO and Budget management
- Monthly reconciliation & invoicing
Strategy + presentation building
- Campaign strategy & proposals
- Platform innovation breakdown – updating checklist matrix
- Working with the internal team and external parties on ways of working and formalizing this in workbooks and presentations
- Monthly social presentations with Nike
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
You will be provided with and expected to undertake training weekly to develop knowledge on these fast-moving platforms. This is structured as follows;
- Campaign Set ups across all platforms
- Strategy building
- Budgeting and finance management
- Wider GroupM University training
- Twitter Flight School
- Pinterest Training
- Snapchat Masterclass
- Some social media experience, either at agency or client side. Active, hands-on channel execution experience is required.
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Media Sciences, Journalism, Computer Science, Economics or Engineering required or experience in lieu of.
- You must be able show experience of acting quickly and concisely as many of the social campaigns are reactive with very short turnaround times.
- Analytically minded, comfortable manipulating and analyzing large amounts of data in order to make actionable recommendations is required.
- Basic understanding of all social platforms and their advertising opportunities
- Knowledge of footwear or apparel industry is preferred.
As one of the world’s largest media agencies, Mindshare has over 6,000 communications specialists in 82 countries around the world. We have been Nike’s core media partner for nearly 20 years and have Nike hub teams in Portland, Amsterdam, Shanghai and Singapore.