Overview of job
Working within the Technology team to ensure the efficient implementation of ad-serving, web analytics, audience tracking and optimisation technologies for digital advertising. You will also be responsible for supporting internal and client teams with troubleshooting issues and being on top of future technologies and solutions.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Technology Associate Director
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to constantly learn on the job.
- Working at the forefront of digital technology which is forever growing and changing.
- Fun-working atmosphere and team culture
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Learnt how to manage basic trafficking tasks.
- Able to pick up basic tasks without re-enforcement.
- Start to contribute to the workload of the team.
In six months, you would have:
- Learnt the end to end trafficking process for a couple of key clients.
- Taken on several simpler trouble-shooting tasks
- Ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Learnt the end to end campaign process from planning to tag delivery
- Working closely with Technology Engineer understanding what is required.
- Start to manage some smaller clients, understanding the end-to-end process and dealing with all issues
Responsibilities of the role:
- To ensure efficient implementation of ad serving, web analytics, behavioural targeting and other optimisation technologies in the execution of digital advertising.
- To be responsible for the implementing of campaigns in DCM or any other named 3rd party ad-server particularly Flashtalking/Sizmek.
- To be able to test and install publisher pixels.
- To load creative according to specifications.
- To be able to manage workload in the Inbox ensuring all stakeholders are informed and clear on what is being delivered.
- Integrating and maintaining the various tracking systems used for campaigns.
Client Account Management:
- Responsibility for developing relationships with our internal account teams.
- Can present information effectively via email.
- Understands and demonstrates collaborative team working and citizenship.
Operating and Technical
- Train and become skilled in using a variety of technologies suitable for our client requirements.
- Support the team members with workload management.
- Able to identify quickly any potential issues and discuss possible solutions with the Engineers, Senior Engineers.
- Responds positively to requests for help or support.
- This team works alongside the Data team to ensure that all relevant information being captured can be included within our Data Dashboards.
- Be precise and accurate when completing your work understanding the impact you will have on the clients results and reporting.
What you will need:
- An aptitude and liking for technology
- Strong problem solver who is always keen to find a “better way”
- A self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Great customer service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi task, prioritise and manage expectations
- Able to develop relationships with internal team members.
- Desire to learn and be part of a dynamic growing team.
- Keen eye for finding where efficiencies can be made.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.