Senior Digital Planner Buyer - TUI
Senior Digital Planner Buyer
Overview of the job
The Senior Digital Planner Buyer uses the industry and media specific insight tools, investment and media owner knowledge to build and implement digital media plans. Senior Digital Planner Buyers need to have strong media owner relationships, as well as the ability to deliver a connected implementational media plan.
You should have and continue to develop your understanding of all digital channels to allow you to become a 360 digital planner. You will be responsible for creating the display plan and owning the overall digital plan working with the digital specialists (search, social, affiliates etc.) to deliver this integrated and holistic digital solution for clients.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong working relationships internally with your equivalents in Planning for your clients
- Understand how your new role fits into the team
- Started to build strong relationships with day to day clients, working closely with the team Senior Planner/ Manager
- Been delivering brilliant basics in digital implementational planning and implementation by;
- Becoming an expert in managing several digital campaigns at once, from initial client briefing, through to planning/buying/implementing and presenting a post campaign report to clients
- Servicing and responding to designated clients’ ongoing daily requirements
- Presenting digital developments/reports/media plans directly to clients
- Being able to lead weekly campaign reporting calls and PCAs, assess and comment on the performance of our campaigns and recommend improvements to drive efficiencies
In six months, you would have:
- Be competent in managing your own workload
- Developed a point of view on our plans’ performance and be able to make recommendations for improving YOY results
- Built strong relationships with media owners, be keeping up to date with the latest developments from these media owners for your key clients
- Gained a thorough understanding of our financial processes and taken a lead in resolving any PIQs and queries on the account. Ensuring best practise is used on all campaigns
- Contributed towards an integrated digital plan, you’ll understand the impact digital has on offline channels and vice versa
In 12 months, you would have:
- Been working closely with the Manager/Associate Director on the day to day digital output across all departments in MediaCom for your clients, taking ownership of this on some clients
- Been developing your understanding of all digital channels to allow you to become a 360 digital planner
- Developed strong commercial acumen and an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, that translate in the way you execute digital strategy and campaigns
- Fully understand the role digital plays in the overall client business and what your role can do to help maximise the effectiveness
Responsibilities of the role:
- Excel at time management
- Have the ability to multi-task and organisations skills
- Be a self-starter, don’t be afraid to challenge the client or ask them a question
- Prioritise workload, making sure the most urgent things are completed first
- Develop relationships with day to day clients and internally with other departments
- Own meetings and conference calls with Planners and clients
- Be reactive, and able to accommodate last minute client requests
- Keep the team status sheet updated, have a top line knowledge of all campaigns the team are working on and be able to answer if someone has a question.
- Work closely with the Manager on the day to day digital output for your clients (working with all departments across the company)
- Own Digital briefs and work with the Digital Manager to deliver/ coordinate flawless executional plans; including working on proposals based on media owner ideas / solutions
- Understanding the role of all digital channels within your plans
- Response to brief presentations
- Develop a good understanding of the clients’ businesses and competitive set
- Take responsibility for the campaigns’ performance & optimisation, including managing regular campaign reporting status with clients, preparing and coordinating ad-hoc reports, PCAs etc.
- Work closely with Ops and Tech to ensure campaign set up is in line with implementational response
- Build and maintain key relationships with priority and preferred media owners/ technology partners
- Understand commercial pressures and have a full understanding of the role of investment within your planning and buying
- Regularly update the team on digital news, new tools etc.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.