Paid Social Manager
Paid Social Manager
Overview of job
We’re looking for an innovative, ambitious manager with a passion for growing client business. This person will have brilliant attention to detail and a love for project management. You would be working on some of the UK’s most dynamic and forward thinking advertisers and managing a team of brilliant Executives, Planner Buyers and Senior Planner Buyers.
Reporting of the role
This role reports in to a Digital Director.
3 best things about the job:
1. You’ll be part of tight-knit, dedicated team who live and breathe social and whose comradery is contagious!
2. You’ll have unprecedented access to alpha, betas and first to market social media products and platforms.
3. You’ll be at the coalface collaborating directly with media owners, creative agencies and our clients.
Measures of success:
1. Accountability for the delivery of all team campaigns, ensuring they’re run efficiently, effectively, on-time and on-budget.
Your primary KPI would be to ensure the smooth running of the client portfolio in the team. You would be responsible for guaranteeing that the team have everything required to implement best in class campaigns, that spends are on track and that that overall delivery is of the highest quality.
2. Management of data aggregation and reporting
We have high standards of measurement. You would be accountable for managing annual measurement road-maps for our clients and delivering analysis for the Paid Social Management team and wider strategic requests on a variety of projects.
3. Planning and agency relationship management
Being part of a wider network and agency team on our client business means co-ordination and open communication is key. You would need to ensure that on any given project/campaign the correct points of contact are identified and that the flow of information is facilitated effectively.
4. Wider Paid Social Team Leadership and agency support
We are a large and fast growing team with a fantastic group of very talented people. We rely on our Managers to help maintain a consistently high standard across their teams, support in training across the whole department, assist in the distribution of case studies, learnings and best in class recommendations and to support the other Managers, Associate Directors and Head of Paid Social with the leadership of the team.
In three months, you would have:
• Improved the efficiency of campaign management within the team and ensured workloads are balanced and the team have clear roles and responsibilities.
• Ensured the appropriate KPIs and development plans are in place and up-to-date for the whole team.
• Established yourself as the senior Paid Social figurehead for the clients in your team portfolio.
What you will need:
• To be passionate about all things social!
• Have an inquisitive and keen to learn attitude.
• Strong client services skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• You will have managed large budgets and you feel at ease with the pace and scale of a large agency.
• You have a natural aptitude towards implementing measurement and defining social strategies.
• You understand how to take an account on complex strategic journeys.
• You have strong inter-agency relationship management skills.
• You will be someone who loves to work as part of a team, but also wants to lead and manage a team.
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2017 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.