Account Executive - Paid Search
Rafael Minas, Senior Account Executive
“Since joining Mindshare I have worked on some of the best clients in the industry which I wouldn’t have had access to elsewhere. As a Senior Account Executive, I’ve been given a lot of responsibility which shows how much my managers value me and my development. The social side is awesome too!”
Understanding people is at the heart of our business, that means we make the audience our number 1 client. This is how we discover meaningful insights and deliver real business growth for brands
The best way to introduce ourselves? Let’s tell you about the three values that make us Mindshare:
Learn quickly. Act immediately. Again and again.
- We’re experts in media, yet we constantly challenge our knowledge.
- We question ourselves every day, always testing and adapting our thinking.
- Change is always welcome, because standing still is not an option.
Be challenging. Always express a point of view.
- We value curiosity and passion as much as we do knowledge.
- Only by asking “how” or “why” do we learn, stimulate debate and form more powerful opinions.
- This is our creative approach to media. It drives innovation and allows us to do things differently.
Be generous. We’re in this together.
- We’re at our most powerful when we work together - with colleagues, clients, our media partners - and, of course, with the audience.
- This constant collaboration creates diverse perspectives and generates fresh, innovative ideas. The best example? Huddle - our annual event bringing together the brightest minds in the industry.
These values help us do the best work of our careers.
Sounds like somewhere you could flourish? Get in touch - and let’s invent the future of media together.
The candidate will report to the Paid Search Account Manager. Working within the Paid Search team, they will be integral to achieving client goals by developing and optimizing Paid Search activities as part of integrated multi-channel campaigns. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for digital media and be keen to develop a career within Paid Search.
- Complete daily performance checks to ensure campaigns are running effectively and within budget
- Learn to identify and act upon budget optimizations requirements
- Learn how Paid Search campaigns are tracked and measured
- Understand what your client’s key performance indicators (KPI) are and how to monitor these
- Understand the role audiences play with Paid Search targeting and campaign optimization
- Become confident in how to set up Paid Search campaigns, including structure, ad copy writing and keyword research.
- Identify the optimization levers available to improve Paid Search performance to meet your client’s KPIs.
- Understand the approach to preparing a media plan in response to a client’s brief.
- Deliver client reporting and analyse campaign results with a view to developing actionable insights.
- Working with media owners such as Google and Bing to receive support with running Paid Search campaigns. Opportunities to run Gmail ads, YouTube and Amazon Search campaigns may also arise.
- Complete the necessary specialist qualification, e.g. Google Search Fundamentals and Advanced exams, Microsoft Ads Accreditation.
We’d like to hear from you if you tick all these boxes
- Analytically minded, good problem-solving skills and the ability to identify trends within data sets.
- Highly organised, ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Able to communicate effectively, and work as part of a team.
- Any programming or coding knowledge would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Ability to understand, follow and devise processes.
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines.
- A team player.
- Literate in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word e.g. creating and formatting presentations, pivot tables, basic formulas, creating graphs and tables etc.
- Effective presentation skills.
Your life until now (EXPERIENCE)
- 1-2 years’ experience at an Agency or Client (preferred, not essential).
- Demonstrate an understanding of Paid Search.
- Google & Microsoft Ads Certified (preferred, not essential).
- Any experience gained working with the relevant technologies (preferred, not essential).
- Passionate about the internet and technology, with a keen interest in the development of PPC as a channel, keeping track of new developments within the industry.
How to apply
Please apply online via this advertisement including your CV and a covering letter.
Applications will be reviewed via our GroupM Future Talent team. Email applications will not be considered.
Please note that we require all applicants to have the full right to work in the UK, without sponsorship.
If you require any assistance throughout your recruitment process, please call the Future Talent Team on 02071585400 to discuss your requirements.
About the Team (DEPARTMENT)
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our clients. The Paid Search teams work very closely with other biddable channels to deliver integrated strategies to achieve client goals & objectives. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance, technology industries & more.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.