Senior Account Executive, Paid Search
Paid Search Senior Executive
Job title: Paid Search Senior Executive
Group: FAST Worldwide Paid Search and SEO
Reports to: Partner, Intent
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Founded in 1997, Mindshare was set up to pioneer and innovate in order to give our clients a competitive advantage. In the intervening decade, we have been the world's fastest-growing media agency- and we have witnessed a true communications revolution. Traditional notions of what marketing agencies can do have been ripped up and the lines between digital, creative, media, direct and consultancy have blurred. Both for right now and for the future our ambition is to lead the definition of what a media agency can do and should do.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and SEO channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain 2 individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations, and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Our portfolio of Paid Search clients includes IBM, Blackrock, TKMaxx, Unilever, Dyson, and more… We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking and finding the perfect connection between their products and potential customers through Search platforms.
The candidate will ultimately report to the Partner, Intent. For personal development and day to day management they will report into the Paid Search Account Director. Working within the Paid Search team hub they will be integral to achieving client goals, and the development and optimization of Paid Search activity as part of integrated multi-channel campaigns.
Key skills & knowledge:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience running Paid Search campaigns. They will need to establish themselves with engine suppliers and 3rd party providers as well as developing an understanding of their available products and services.
- Experience setting up and optimizing campaigns within Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising
- Exceptional experience navigating Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising and search management platforms, such as SA360, to set up, optimize and report of search campaigns
- Experience using audiences to optimise paid search campaigns
- Experience using automation to optimise and manage search campaigns
- Analytically minded and good at handling large data sets in order to identify trends and insights
- Understanding of Paid Search best practices
- Understanding of search measurement capabilities
- Advanced experience using Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive approach to improving their knowledge and capability
- Attention to detail with an effective and efficient working style
- Able to communicate effectively and work as part of the wider team
- Enthusiasm for digital media and keen to develop a career within performance media channel
- International experience is not mandatory but is advantageous
- Additional language skills are not mandatory but advantageous
- Any programming or coding knowledge is not mandatory but is advantageous
- SPEED: You will be expected to identify and action innovative opportunities to optimize client performance in real time within the fast-paced digital ecosystem.
- TEAMWORK: You should build your client’s and client leadership team’s trust and confidence by guiding them through Search best practices actively listening and responding to their queries and concerns.
- PROVICATION: The ideal candidate should curious and courageous pushing themselves outside their comfort zone in order to improve their development and performance, as well as take entrepreneurial calculated risks to act on opportunities that lead to significant gains for the business.
Exceptional campaign management across search engines
- Working with search engine partners to run Paid Search campaigns on Text and Shopping.
- Competently create media plans and set up best practice search campaigns to achieve specified KPIs
- Be able to navigate and implement advanced features within native and 3rd part search management platforms i.e. automation, scripts, audiences and feed integration
- Carry out health checks on Paid Search accounts to ensure they are set up and running to Mindshare best practice
- Understand how Paid Search can be measured and tracked using SA360, Google Analytics or other 3rd party technology
- Implement and analysis testing and innovation opportunities to optimize search campaigns to improve performance
- Carry out regular account optimization in order to improve about agreed KPIs
- Complete client reporting and analyze campaign results extracting insight in order to provide explanation for results and recommendations
- Take advanced specific qualifications i.e. Bid Management platform exams Google Shopping or Google Analytics exams
- Complete the Mindshare PO process for all clients
- Carry out regular campaign and budget management checks
- Contribute to regular client meetings preparing material and presenting on performance and account actions
- Effectively communicate with your Manager, Client Team and Clients regarding deadlines and delivery of work
- Manage your workload submitting work to your Search Manager to meet deadlines
- Support the Search Executive with tasks providing guidance where needed
- Train Search Executives on how to effectively and efficiently build search campaigns and the best practices for managing Paid Search
- Keep up to date with digital media developments, write POVs and share with the wider team
- Develop an understanding of the products Mindshare offer and how we offer them
The Search Senior Executive will be expected to manage existing client campaigns to achieve agreed KPIs, proactively identifying opportunities for improvements, as well as display effective communication within the team and with key suppliers and internal account teams.
- Exceptional execution and application of Search Best Practices
- Meeting and exceeding client’s performance targets
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.