GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom and Wavemaker, each global operation in their own right with leading market positions.
GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities.
GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
A regional centre of excellence is being established to build and maintain best practices in media operations and to support the markets in delivering transformation consistently across business and technology.
The centre of excellence will be made up of programme management, change management, process ownership, business analysis and solution ownership.
The roles are spread across the region and markets forming a programme that works as one team to meet common objectives.
- Reports into Market ExCo
- Successfully deliver the end to end programme for media operations transformation in market across business and technology.
- Adopt and maintain regional programme structure and methodology and tailor for market where appropriate.
- Actively promote alignment to programme standards and consistency.
- Develop and maintain the end to end market plan incorporating business and technology change and related inter-dependencies.
- Implement regional governance framework to ensure effective communication, decision making, quality assurance and risk management. Tailor for market where appropriate.
- Deliver the status reporting and cadence of the programme.
- Manage programme budget and business case.
- Proactively manage issues and risks.
- Manage key stakeholders and chair market steering board.
- Manage team onboarding, structure and performance.
- Support Change Manager in coordinating change activities with broader business initiatives.
- Onboard Functional Leads and facilitate their input and participation.
- Where appropriate, support the setup of in-market shared services for Media Operations.
- Support technical programme managers in the delivery of application and infrastructure.
- Manage third party contributors to the programme.
- Work collaboratively across functions and with other markets and the region.
- 8+ years project management experience with a successful track record in transformative change in a multi-national environment.
- Broad range of transformation experience with an ability to bridge business and technical issues.
- Extensive experience working with distributed teams and third parties with an ability to foster collaboration and drive a one team ethos.
- Exposure to the Advertising and Media industry is desirable.
- Highly numerate and proficient in managing budgets and business cases.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Certified in programme and project management methods including MSP, PRINCE2 and Agile.
- Sufficient seniority, credibility and gravitas to advise and influence project teams and c level stakeholders.
- Proactive and assertive in managing programme risks.
- Customer and quality orientated.
- Able to work independently under pressure and balance competing demands on time.
- Highly capable in maintaining and contributing to programme methods and best practice.
- Methodical in delivery with an ability to maintain programme momentum.
- Fluent in English and local market language.