Platforms Director - Digital
WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job at WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
Job Title: Platform Director – Digital
Reporting to: Precision Planning Lead
Key reports: Platform Manager(s)
Works across all digital media channels (Display, Paid Social, Online Video and PPC) on a hub of clients including Nationwide, Heathrow Airport and Colgate. The AD role would be responsible for translating digital strategy into action plans to deliver best in market, data driven and effective integrated digital media campaigns for both brand and DR objectives. The PD will account manage the specialist buyers to ensure the team is focused on the numbers and that there is gold standard account set-up and optimization across display, social, PPC and short form online video (not VOD).
- Key day-to-day and first point of contact point for clients of equivalent level regarding digital media campaigns whether activity is in planning, live or post campaign.
- The conduit between those clients and Specialist Planner Buyers
Strategy & Planning:
- Responsible for taking brief and working with specialist teams to create media plans and rationale documents that deliver on clients’ objectives
- Create measurable forecasts and projections and actively challenge legacy measurement techniques
- Ensure that the appropriate technology and data is available to track performance against core KPI’s across all digital media channels
- Ensure the digital channel approaches follow best practice set out by Specialist Leads (Social, Display, Programmatic), are in line with overall strategy and are deliverable and commercially viable
- Present cross channel digital plans to clients and attend/manage digital reporting calls
- Work with the Precision Lead, specialist teams, media partners and the client to drive innovation
Campaign Management & Performance
- Quality control the output of the specialist buyers on a week by week basis
- Work with the specialist buyers to deliver end of campaign report with analysis that covers all digital media channels, optimisation recommendations and next steps
- Track and ensure reconciled spend across all digital media channels is accurate
- Work with the specialist teams to ensure every campaign has a clear optimisation schedule which delivers against the target objectives and testing roadmaps where needed
- Ensure KPIs are constantly reviewed both at planning stage and activation stage
- Chair weekly meetings to review reports and client performance against targets
- Ensure team members are conducting daily visibility and budget checks and tracking actions for monthly and quarterly reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring specialist buyers complete digital reconciliation and SOX compliance for all campaigns in line with agency process
- Deliver campaigns that meet digital PRF requirements outlined in client contracts
- Lead quarterly ebenchmarkers and audit data collection across the client portfolio
- Plan campaigns within trading and investment guidelines set by the Precision Lead and Commercial Team
- Lead and line manage three AMs ensuring they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to the clients’ digital media strategy.
- Responsible for development of buyers within the team with support from Specialist Leads
- Identify training and development needs of the team, alongside the Specialist Leads
- Escalate any incidents (positive and negative) to Precision Lead and Specialist Leads
- Ensure all members of the team are adequately qualified when needed: Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Facebook and any relevant certifications
Innovation & Collaboration
- Work with specialist leads and media owners to identify new products and features our clients should be testing
- Aim to get the client on to at least three Google or Facebook Betas each year
- Work with your specialists and specialist leads to produce case studies ideally each quarter which will be shared with clients, WAVEMAKER and may be published within trade press.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners, especially Xaxis and vertical specialist teams at Google and Facebook
- Regularly review account performance with media owners – ideally once a month, along with a quarterly business review.
Technical Skills & Experience
- A solid background in digital media is essential, with extensive activation experience of display, online video or paid social being at the core of this.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of using DCM (trafficking and reporting)
- Experience of using Metis/Prisma buying platform (not essential), and strong working knowledge of eTelmar, Addynamix, Pathmatics and Comscore
- Proficient use of Facebook Business Manager & YouTube experience preferable
- Excellent knowledge of display auditing, programmatic and IO buying.
- Strong presentation skills and a high level of articulation are required
- Expert Excel knowledge. Advanced Excel training completed. Must know how to use Vlookups, Pivot Tables and be able to trouble shoot.
- Experience with dynamic creative for display and preferable also social.
- Experience with using analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
- Relevant / transferable client leadership experience
Nationwide: Nationwide have 15million members at the heart of everything they do, with their aim to truly demonstrate the values of a building society.
Currently riding high on the success of our campaign #togetheragainsthate, Nationwide are a client that aren’t afraid to push boundaries when it comes to their marketing, with digital marketing being at the core of their business objectives.
Heathrow Airport: Wavemaker’s hero win of 2019 has brought some digital challenges and great opportunity for growth. We look after Heathrow Express, Airport Parking and Heathrow.com (ecommerce) as well as their brand and ATL activity.
Working closely with their other agencies, and with a new Marketing Director 2019 promises to be a year growth and expansion with Heathrow.
Colgate: With a big social budget and plans to expand into display marketing Colgate and the multiple brands that sit within it (Hill’s, Sanex etc) there’s lots of test and learn and capacity for innovation with Colgate some lead at a UK level and some at a global level.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.