Job title: Global Designer
Location: Sea Containers London
Reporting to: Nic McCarthy, Global Editorial Director
Our people are passionate about communication, storytelling and innovation; and we understand that design plays a vital role in our success as a business. If you love to push boundaries, you’ll feel right at home. Who are you? You are a talented presentation designer great graphic design skills. If you also happen to love digital design work such as social content, gifs, and web design that’s great.
About the role
We are seeking a Designer to join our Global Marketing team. The team’s focus is vital to driving Wavemaker’s business performance by helping fuel the growth of our clients, new business prospects, our brand and overall company culture.
Wavemaker is a young brand, only two years old, and the Global Designer will work to support the conception and sharing of great design at Wavemaker, making amazing artwork an integral part of how we stand out from our competitors.
You will be responsible for
- Working with fast-paced teams to deliver creative pitch, client and conference presentations that’s wow and win clients
- Creation of marketing materials, for use around the world both in digital and print
- Help with creation of office environment and graphics
- Creating charts, info graphics, and data visualizations for presentations
- Image sourcing with light photo manipulation and colour corrections
- Being a source of inspiration: Sharing best-in-class design examples, tips & tricks, hosting PowerPoint design workshops and in other ways being a force for better design across the wider Wavemaker network
Skills and Experience
- The work is PC based so we’re looking for a highly skilled/expert user of MSFT Office for PC, especially PowerPoint
- The ways in which this person will be expected to execute design will vary. But they can broadly be split between design for professional production, and design to enable our teams to produce brilliant work. Strong PowerPoint skills is particularly critical
- Experience in creating interactive charts and infographics and knowledge of other production software, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, is a plus
- A passion for visual storytelling and design
- Experience in managing several projects simultaneously
- An eye for design and detail, a creative and clever mind, a willingness to step in and take on tasks that often involve tight deadlines and working with multiple stakeholders
- Calm, courteous, culturally aware and highly collaborative, understanding that sometimes we are working to tight deadlines that require a level of flexibility and going ‘over and beyond’
- An understanding of (and interest in) media, content and technology is a plus
Only candidates with a strong and diverse portfolio, including at least 3 PowerPoint presentation designs, will be considered.
This position may occasionally call for working evenings and weekends and could involve travel.
Development and opportunities
- This is an excellent opportunity to gain international experience, working with teams from around the world.
- In return for your communication prowess, we will provide you with a comprehensive training and development package so that your experience with Wavemaker is rewarding on both a professional and a personal level.
We’re all about Growing, Creating and Caring for our talent, our clients and society at large.
Launched in January 2018 Wavemaker is the world’s fifth largest media agency and the most pioneering. Our 7,600+ highly talented and motivated people collaborate across the globe in 90 countries working with world class clients. Wavemaker is passionate about investing in our people to help them develop and thrive. Our culture is one where talent is valued, ideas flourish, and innovation is happening exactly where media, content and technology meet.
We attract people and businesses that want to change the game. We believe that the most important career decision a person can make is the culture they choose to grow in. A culture that not only values great work but also great people. Join us today!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.