Associate Director, Nike (Running & Training)
Job Level: Associate Director
Client: Nike (100%)
Categories: RUNNING / TRAINING
The Mindshare Nike team in Amsterdam is responsible for Nike’s media output across EMEA markets.
This Nike role is incredibly creative. As the media team, we impact the idea far more than you see on other clients. We do all of it for Nike: planning, buying, production – and we have a distinctive view on what constitutes “Nike media” and the future of communications.
What you’ll be doing
Nike’s brand communications specialists tell Nike’s stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation.
As Associate Director you will collaborate with the Integrated Media team that is defining and reinventing how we connect the Nike brand with consumers in an ever-changing media landscape.
You’ll partner with Nike, Mindshare (Central + Local teams) and external vendors to infuse campaign briefs with media realities + consumer insights for Nike Categories.
These building blocks will then be used by you to work with Integrated Media Channel experts to plan + implement campaigns.
A unique team + client
The Nike EMEA team at Mindshare is collaborative like no other. We are an extension of Nike’s own Integrated Media team, in daily communication with a range of clients and often working from the Nike European campus at Hilversum.
We are a passionate and closely-knit group who are committed to helping each other thrive – we want to work with people who can bring vibrant personalities to the group.
Qualities we aim for in the team:
- Knowing what’s out there (and what’s coming): Good knowledge of key channels, platforms and media owners across EMEA.
- A passion for sports: All sports are welcome at Nike – if you have a body, you are an athlete. For this role, a passion and knowledge of running + training (gym, crossfit, etc.) are ideal.
- Great Communicator: can you create a stunning deck and win people over with your ideas? Can you do it in a way that people haven’t seen before?
- Tenacious & energetic: you have an eye for detail along with a desire to do great work (and help others do the same)
- Culturally curious: Know what’s in, what’s out and what’s next. Be able to make observations on behaviour and provide POV for Nike. Fluency in a second language is a bonus.
- A head for digital: the key to the future is having a grasp of data + analytics (the science to go along with the art!)
Ultimately, we need someone who is a world-class media planner, ideally with a record of success. Typically, they will have extensive experience in an agency or digital role across multiple media markets.
But rules are there to be broken and the right person will be smart, driven and excited by the challenge of working with the world’s #1 sports brand. If you think that might be you, we want to hear from you.
We work with a fast-moving client, so you need to be comfortable with that. We work in a sports environment; its unpredictable and dramatic, and incredibly fun. So you need to enjoy an adrenalin rush every now and then.
The right person will get how digital media fits into a broader communications framework and inherently understands our consumer because they have the same mindset.
We want someone who can dream big, lead big projects and get them done.
As one of the world’s largest media agencies, Mindshare has over 6,000 communications specialists in 86 countries around the world. We have been Nike’s core media partner for nearly 20 years and have Nike hub teams in Portland, Amsterdam, Shanghai and Singapore.
We have a unique culture where people can thrive and create the best work of their lives. Working within a global network, Mindshare Amsterdam is the next step on your journey.