Digital Exchange Manager, Nike
Job level: Manager
Function: Digital Exchange
Reporting to: Exchange Associate Director
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
ROLE PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITY:
The Digital Exchange Manager for Nike EMEA, is a strategic digital media role, forming part of a team that manages the online display advertising program for Nike. The role includes the development of programmatic, content partnerships, promoted social & video capabilities through both a brand and digital commerce lens.
You will be a member of the EMEA Integrated Media team, helping to develop and execute our digital media strategy across EMEA markets. You will be focused on partnering with cross-functional teams to drive campaigns and initiatives and have a passion for using data for insight, innovation, and tactical optimizations.
This position requires a high-energy, self-starter with strong technical and analytical skills, high detail-orientation and excellent written and verbal communication.
Strong collaborative skills are imperative - You’ll work closely with the wider Integrated Media team, Nike’s agencies, analytics teams, digital tech Teams, Creative teams, and Category and Territory Marketing Teams to define strategies and capabilities.
MINDSHARE WW AMSTERDAM STRUCTURE:
This is a unique role on a unique client. Based in Amsterdam and frequently working from Nike’s European Headquarters in Hilversum, this team is set up to serve Nike across EMEA. We are a team of multi-disciplined, multi-national, multi-lingual individuals. Since the majority of the team are ex-pats we have a tight team structure, so if you like working with a close-knit and energetic group of people then this could be the role for you. We have the culture of a boutique agency, backed by the global support network of Mindshare WW.
The team is fast-paced, quick thinking and passionate about the brand.
- Quality control & consistency of output, from planning to reporting on campaigns across all categories.
- Full circle reporting: Provide clear and succinct learnings and insight in interesting ways, that fuel future activations.
- Ensure smooth campaign delivery, whilst identifying and troubleshoot problems (proactively).
- Manage campaign budgets, approval process and supplier invoices.
- Best in class briefing and media owner management, with emphasis on building strong relationships with key partners. Have vendor knowledge of broad marketplace as well as local nuances.
- Contribute to the creation and organization of long-term roadmaps and customer driven channel strategies against marketing priorities and technical development cycles.
TOOLS AND SYSTEMS:
- Drive the implementation and use of tools and systems, focused around digital operations;
- Verification and Brand Safety tools
- Programmatic ecosystem (DSPs & DMPs)
- Creative Management platforms
- Social Management Tools
- Web & Dashboarding
- Partner with tech vendors to implement technical requirements and business needs.
- Always strive for efficiency and a better working process.
- Keep the planning team and Nike Integrated Media team up to date with new tech & developments, adding strategic input at every opportunity.
- Build close working relationships with a multitude of stakeholders and agencies.
- Share insight from data to shape future planning. Partner closely with the Nike Analytics team to turn data into actionable insights, to understand the consumer, improve marketing performance, and the overall business.
- Align KPI’s & campaign measurement to media objectives, ensuring all stakeholders have agreed on these, prior to campaigns going live.
PASSION FOR WHAT WE DO:
- Digital Landscape: Always wanting to stay ahead on industry trends & share them with the wider media team.
- A passion for sports: All sports are welcome at Nike – if you have a body, you are an athlete.
- Be International: Maintain + develop international knowledge and cultural curiosity. Language skills are ideal, good English is essential. Fluency in a second language is a bonus.
- Understand Youth: Know what’s in, what’s out and what’s next. Be able to make observations on behaviour and provide POV for Nike.
- Significant clearly visible experience, Online Media experience either agency or client side. Active, hands-on channel execution experience is required.
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Media Sciences, Journalism, Computer Science, Economics or Engineering required or significant demonstrated experience.
- You must be able to write clearly and quickly, present your ideas in an organized and coherent manner, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Unique balance of disciplined strategic thinking, creative passion, and a willingness to be hands-on, whilst still being able to maintain vision of clear goals.
- Analytically minded, comfortable manipulating and analyzing large amounts of data in order to make actionable recommendations is required.
- Basic understanding of the most common digital marketing tools (Adserving, DSPs, Social Management platforms…)
- Ability to perform performance analysis to identify growth/optimization opportunities.
- Knowledge of footwear or apparel industry is preferred.
As one of the world’s largest media agencies, Mindshare has over 6,000 communications specialists in 82 countries around the world. We have been Nike’s core media partner for nearly 20 years and have Nike hub teams in Portland, Amsterdam, Shanghai and Singapore.