Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
GroupM's new technology platform unit, [m]PLATFORM, is looking for Data Scientists to join our global team.
[m]PLATFORM is an advanced technology suite that unifies data analytics and digital services including search, social, mobile, digital ad operations and programmatic into one team delivering a completely open and fully transparent data and technology architecture. The platform will improve advertisers’ ability to use audience-defining insights from hundreds of data sources to find and communicate with their consumers across all media.
The products developed by [m]PLATFORM enables media planners at GroupM agencies to use the most detailed consumer data to achieve results for their clients. It is supported by a team of data scientists, data engineers, product specialists and digital practitioners.
As a senior data scientist, you will have a background in a quantitative or machine learning engineering field, will have experience working with large data sets, as well as some experience in data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using software technologies to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product. As a member of our global team, you will work with teams across the globe on our core products to help shape the future of what we build at [m]PLATFORM. Therefore, you may need to travel overseas and meet your colleagues in other courtiers.
On the data science team at [m]PLATFORM, we value ownership and individual contribution within a collaborative environment. Be ready to leave your ego at the door, roll up your sleeves and start solving huge challenges in data science, data engineering or even products design as soon as you begin. This role will be based in London, reporting into the Regional director of product and data science, and closely partner with product management and engineering.
You will work on global projects in the creation of innovative software solutions that are based on data intelligence for [m]PLATFORM. You will collaborate with a group of fast-paced, extremely dedicated coworkers who are all passionate about digital media and technology. You will often find groups in casual brainstorming sessions sharing ideas and strategies for new initiatives. Work with a team that is constantly innovating. Everyone has a voice and we are open to new ways of thinking – your opinion is encouraged and valued.
- Complex data analysis, hypothesis testing, data preparation, product prototyping and development of prognostic models for the platform based on modern statistical methods.
- Support the engineering team and product management team in [m]PLATFORM development efforts including consultative partnering, collaboration, pairing, sharing plans, information and resources.
- Identify problem areas and develop plans to overcome any issues to ensure that the project of it is achievable.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Lead data science projects and act as a data science product owner.
- Contribute to the development of the data science framework.
- Use systems and internal processes efficiently and integrate these in daily work. Fulfill high IT literacy and technical and specialist requirements for further deployment of the framework.
- Be part of a lean yet highly effective agile organization. Demonstrate an ability to do more with less, with a history of identifying and exploiting opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, etc (PhD is a plus), with +2 years of work experience.
- Professional experience in SQL.
- Development experience in any scripting language (R or Python).
- Familiarity with software engineering, version control systems, e.g. git, github, virtualization e.g. ducker or ducker hub.
- Deep understanding of physics, mathematics, computer science or similar, or several years of research and application experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Reinforcement Learning.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong statistical knowledge, as well as interest in applying them to complex problems
- Experience working in startups, startup divisions, or newly launched technology organizations, a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Maxus, and Essence, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.