Planner - Shell
MediaCom Job description style guide
Overview of job
We are looking for a Senior Planner / Buyer to join the Career team. You will work on a range of UK and Global accounts managing their recruitment attraction and employer branding campaigns. You will work with the Associate Director and wider team to ensure high quality, effective strategies and media plans are delivered working on a variety of campaigns specifically planning and buying digital and working with our specialist media teams within the agency.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Celine Marshall
3 best things about the job:
- Exposure to Planning / Strategy as well as Planning / Buying predominantly digital channels
- Be part of helping our clients attract top talent in their organisations as well as helping to attract a diverse work force
- Great team with lots of experience
Measures of success:
In three months, you would have:
- Good understanding of your clients, media planning systems, processes and working with the team collaboratively
- Feel confident delivering / responding to a client request and brief independently or as part of the team utilising the correct resources
In six months, you would have:
- Built strong, trustworthy client relationships
- Built trust within the team and wider departments eg specialist teams
- Good understanding of the recruitment industry and how to approach briefs and deliver ideal plans to deliver effective results ensuring a balance of brand / response / recruitment knowledge is applied
In 12 months, you would have:
- Taking on additional responsibilities spotting opportunities to sell in wider MediaCom or WPP services eg creative, research, data,
Responsibilities of the role:
The role of a senior planner / buyer are:
- Taking responsibility for your clients and their day-to-day needs by running status meetings, generating results documents and providing insight and rationale for future media schedules.
- Building strong relationships with clients through regular, relevant contact and keeping them up-to-date on all media matters.
- Demonstrating depth of knowledge of planning and buying DR media, and DR best practice.
- Solid understanding of owned and earned media as well as how the channels work together to drive overall response effectiveness
- Taking responsibility for own learning and continual development, filling in media “gaps” with internal training
- Having confidence and clarity in communicating with the team, media owners and clients.
- Building internal relationships with relevant Mediacom departments and applying their knowledge and expertise to work where relevant
- Ensuring that performance dashboards are appropriately maintained and distributed, with appropriate optimisation being briefed and actioned.
- Presenting client results, marketplace updates and competitive reports.
- Dealing with invoice queries quickly and knowing when to alert more senior team members to problems.
- Monitoring the administration of clients’ accounts, ensuring all invoices/PO Numbers are accurate and on the system.
- Supporting your Manager / Associate Director in the management of the Planner/Buyer and Media Executive in your group, including ensuring their training and development.
- Overseeing the Planner Buyer and Media Exec, ensuring they take ownership of their roles within the planning and buying process and management/servicing of clients.
What you will need:
- Ideally someone with strong digital media planning / buying skills
- Good client service skills
- Ideally media agency background
- Knowledge of other media channels eg social and press but not essential
- Preferably from a B2B background or recruitment ad agency but open to all
- Experience of managing Planners / Media Execs
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.