Global Client Finance Manager
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is one of the fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, with an international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets. The&Partnership overall has a strong ethic of pitching in and getting our hands dirty, regardless of level. As such we are naturally less hierarchical and territorial than many other agency environments, particularly when it comes to working with creative teams.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working, which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams, the impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
The agency is designed to think audience first – to face into disruption. We use data signals to understand the flow of audiences and build communications systems that balance the need to build and convert demand. We turn real behavioural data into actionable human insight that informs all communications at both strategic & implementational levels. This means that we’re geared toward business growth, not just media growth. Our aim is always to become a valued board-level business partner of the clients we work with.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
What is the role?
This role will take responsibility for and provide support for the financial and commercial aspects of m/SIX Regional and Global Clients.
This role requires a dynamic accountant with experience in co-ordinating financial information on a global or regional basis. They will report directly to the Global CFO based at m/SIX’s Global HQ in London. The purpose of this role is to help drive the business forward and to grow M/SIX’s Global Client relationships. This is a fantastic opportunity to someone looking to work and gain valuable commercial experience whilst still applying their relevant accounting/finance background.
What will be your responsibilities?
Client Contract Compliance & Financial Reporting
- To ensure all reporting to M/SIX’s Global Clients is carried out in accordance with our client contractual obligations.
- To be the global finance point of contact for each international client and m/SIX finance teams in each county:
- Communicating, coordinating & managing financial reporting.
- Supporting & providing guidance on contractual & commercial terms.
- Troubleshooting compliance issues on commercial terms.
- To design, implement and improve all systems / processes for reporting financial information to clients on a global basis.
- To ensure contractual compliance of all financial obligations to each international client, often dealing with external & internal auditors and client procurement teams.
Finance Support to the Business
- Responsibility for the collection, analysis & reporting of financial information on a global basis to:
- Develop commercial / fee proposals.
- Respond to ad hoc client queries (commercial & finance).
- Ensure revenue is correctly accrued on a global basis during each re-forecast
- Monitoring if Working Capital and Debtors for Global Clients
Financial Control of Client Fees
- Invoicing to clients, Intercompany payments & the reconciliation of all transactions with Global Clients.
- Design, implement and improve all controls around financial transactions with Global Clients.
- Point of contact for any invoicing and fee queries from Global Clients and local M/SIX finance teams.
- Preparing the allocation of global fees to each M/SIX team in each country in line with group transfer pricing policies.
- Eliminating all foreign exchange exposures risks on fees / transactions with M/SIX Global Clients through hedging and other processes.
- Assist with the process to calculate and determine the amount of any Performance Related Fees (PRF’s) due.
- Assist with the statutory reporting and reconciliation of the m/SIX J/V entities including statutory retained reserves, profit shares and dividends etc.
- Introduce Client profitability reports for all Global Clients and produce consolidated client profitability reports on a regular (quarterly/half yearly) basis.
- Provide assistance to the Global CFO on an ad-hoc basis as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified Accountant (preferred) with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Experience in an international media agency network
- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work to their own initiative.
- Strong computer skills (MS excel, MS outlook and MS power point). Knowledge of WPP reporting systems an advantage.
- Attention to detail, ability to work with different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to explain financial information to non-financial people.
- Commercially minded with a natural ability to sense check, interrogate & validate financial information.
- Excellent communication & organisational skills.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.