Overview of job
As a Data Scientist within the growing arm of the Data team you will assist in leading the development of cutting-edge analytics tools to provide marketing solutions using advanced analytics for our clients. You will use your programming and statistics background to lead this.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Lead Data Scientist.
3 best things about the job:
- Working on cutting edge programming solutions producing best in market tools & analytics
- Engaging with a great network of internal colleagues and external clients
- Access to the beta product suites within GAFAM
Measures of success –
In three months, you will:
- Understand the work we do in data intelligence, Business Science and MediaCom and how your skills can contribute to development in these areas
- Be confident working within our development environment built around R, SQL, Git and GCP
- Be able to maintain existing projects
- Contribute towards the design and development of new ones
- Build successful relationships within the Business Science team and the wider agency
In six months, you will:
- Be a key contact when working with internal and external stakeholders on projects
- With the support of your line manager you will begin to take responsibility for the deployment of client facing tools and services
- Demonstrate an ability to improve the breadth and depth of the services we offer in Business Science
In 12 months, you will:
- Manage the deployment of client facing tools and services
- Be able to design and implement solutions for our clients with support from the rest of the team
- With support from your manager, produce commercially viable business cases for client delivery
- Become comfortable presenting our work to non-technical internal & external stakeholders
- Ensure the learning and development of junior members of the team
Responsibilities of the role
The role of the Data Scientist involves:
- Developing and aiding client roll-out of Business Science proprietary built tools. Training internal & external users on use-cases and offer on-going tech support
- Developing methodological improvements to be adopted by the wider Data and Business Science team
- Carry out statistical tests to detect correlations and causality on large and complex data sets.
- Develop, test and maintain mathematical models and predictive models for use by internal stakeholders and data analytic teams.
- Driving forward the analytics offering of the agency. Understanding areas where programming can be used to deliver marketing solutions for agency & client challenges.
The skillsets & characteristics you will require:
- Good working knowledge of analytics tools e.g. Python/R.
- Smart and curious thinker who cannot resist an intellectual challenge
- Keen to lead programming & product development
- Ambitious, determined and self-motivated
- Keen interest in applying your skillsets into media and marketing
- Experience using Shiny and Linux a plus
- Degree in Economics, Maths, Stats or other numerical subject (2:1 or above)
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.