Account Manager - Investment
OUTLINE AND EXPECTATION OF ROLE:
As Account Manger you will directly manage the day to day output of your client’s campaigns. Working either independently, with your line manager or via your team you will be able to take, manage, and positively influence responses to briefs from client or the account planning team. The role requires a combination of leadership, communication, and a robust knowledge of media channels and delivery formats. You will manage the training and output of the buying team on a day to day basis and be responsible for their wellbeing and growth.
- Control and manage and implement delivery of approved media plans
- Schedule and manage business partner updates to maintain an on-going market and trading knowledge of each media
- Gain a robust understanding of your client’s overall business, and take ownership of shaping their future in-channel deployment
- Be competent in producing in-channel strategy planning documents for your clients to either present or deliver as part of a wider planning piece
- Ensure that all activity has a PCA within agreed timescales of activity (4 weeks post last TX date)
- An ability to work under tight deadlines is required, hence strong time management is critical
- Work in collaboration with all internal teams or units
- Be proficient across the full suite of desktop tools used to optimise planning and campaign performance
- Safeguard delivery of campaigns, managing potential pitfalls swiftly whilst spotlighting any challenges with potential solutions
- Show via results a sound knowledge and ability to negotiate in current market conditions in your day to day and by assisting your line manager when required
- Be competent in delivering and managing a 3rd party audit
- Have a clear understanding and your own perspective of the changing landscape
- Understand and demonstrate that value can be delivered outside of simply rate reduction with business partners
- Work with client planning to effectively forecast your client’s investment profiles to populate accurately all necessary reporting sheets/tools locally and for group
- Ensure that campaign sign-off/approval procedures are adhered to, and that they are in line with current SOX compliant guidelines
- Understand the importance of trade insurance and available levels pre-booking activity
- Manage through the team swift return of draft invoices to finance (2 working days)
- Ensure good and accurate administration is undertaken on all accounts
- Contribute to and oversee the development of your team by using both formal training and informal up-skilling on the job
- Be able to flex between delegation and supervision with junior members of the team effectively to balance and maintain a confident culture
- Understand and apply the principles of managing upwards, be comfortable standing in for your line manager and work with them on development initiatives
- Work with other members of the team and the wider agency to drive improvements in workflow, processes, and team efficiency
- Bring your best self to work each day
- Show enthusiasm and passion for what we do, be curious and interested in media
- Self-motive and maintain a strong attention to detail
- Believe in a learning culture of shared insights
- Embrace Mediacom brand behaviours and wellbeing opportunities
If you have the skills and experience for this excitng and challenging role, we would like to hear from you!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.