Senior AV Planner - eBay, Dell, Moonpig
MediaCom Job description style guide
Overview of job
This role is for an AV senior planner within a wider planning and buying team at MediaCom, reporting into AV managers and, in some instances, the associate director. They will be responsible for leading AV responses to client briefs, working closely with both the communications planning team (who own the client relationship and strategy) and the investment team (responsible for buying and delivery of campaigns).
As part of the AV planning team, you will be a vital part of the “system” approach which leads our planning process at the agency. Managing and developing the AV output on our clients is a key part of your role, as will integrating the latest technology and innovations. This is fundamental to us delivering brilliant results for our clients and is behind much of our award-winning work.
You will also work closely with planning specialists in other media (i.e. digital, publishing, outdoor) to formulate one ‘connected’ response to our client briefs.
Reporting of the role
The AV senior planner will work across some of the biggest accounts in the agency including eBay, Moneysupermarket, Moonpig, Dell and New York Bakery. They will report into an AV manager or in some cases directly to the associate director.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work on some of the biggest and most prestigious clients in the UK. eBay has gone from strength to strength in recent years- based on the excellent work that we have done with them. Moneysupermarket offers a unique challenge of a major advertiser in one of the UK’s most fast-paced markets.
- The clients you will work with are some of the most ambitious, daring and innovative in the industry. From seeking innovative and ground-breaking partnerships to new and smart use of data. We regularly take on new challenges.
- You will be part of a wider AV planning team with best-in-class implementation at the heart of everything we do, whilst having the opportunity to work closely with and learn from specialists in all channels.
Measures of success –
In 3-6 months, you would have:
- Displayed independence and autonomy on your clients, demonstrating that you can run the day-to-day management of planning these accounts.
- Demonstrated and applied expertise in AV, radio, and cinema planning skills to fit within the Mediacom framework.
- Demonstrated flawless client responses and plans with forensic attention to detail.
- Settled into a multi-media team, delivering connected responses (responses to client briefs) in client-facing sessions.
- Developed a good understanding of other media channels alongside the role of AV in the connected system.
- Formed a relationship with your direct team (across comms planning, connect and investment) and earned their trust by demonstrating your knowledge.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Full responsibility and autonomy on your clients, leading with minimal involvement from your Associate Director.
- Become the key point of contact for all things AV for your clients, earning their trust as a valued partner.
- A good understanding of Mediacom’s planning philosophy and be able to lead a fully connected response.
- Developed strong and trusted client relationships and attend external meetings without more senior presence.
- Developed excellent relationships with external suppliers and media owners.
- Developed strong internal relationships with a variety of departments within the agency- planning, investment, MBA, business science etc.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen- an understanding of commercial partners and ways of growing MediaCom as a business and being able to execute them.
Responsibilities of the role:
Among your daily responsibilities will be:
- General responsibilities: Delivering ‘best in class’ planning for your clients, using planning tools to build rationale (TGI, NRS, Rajar, Comscore, BARB), planning campaigns in schematics, meetings, conference calls with planners & clients, selling ideas into planning/ clients, working on proposals based on media owner ideas/solutions, managing cross platform solutions after booking, making sure that planning feeds into wider commercial deals.
- Skills & behaviours: multi-media planning, strong commercial interest, an ability to extract and filter relevant insights/ research to support planning decisions, an ability to build strong internal and external relationships, a natural curiosity about people and communication, a desire to deliver award-winning work.
What you will need:
- We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic AV senior planner who can grow and progress by demonstrating a willingness to learn but also strive to deliver ‘best in class’ work for their clients.
- They must have experience in both planning and buying across TV, VOD, radio (at least 3 years). Cinema and digital planning experience would also benefit the candidate.
- We are looking for someone passionate about the new and ever-changing opportunities that come from AV, data and technology.
- Curiosity. They will be eager to find insights to inform and back up their planning recommendations and proactively seek out learning opportunities to further develop their thinking.
- Some experience in managing junior members of a team is preferable.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and was also named Agency of the Year at the 2018 MediaWeek awards.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.