Job Title:Senior Account Manager / Account Director
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
We are looking for a Senior Account Manager / Account Director to join the fantastic Wavemaker Lausanne team. This person will have responsibility for operational management of the planning and buying within Wavemaker’s international client portfolio. We are on the hunt for someone with experience in delivering digital communication solutions, ideally for international clients. A complete understanding of the digital advertising process from strategy development to campaign implementation as well as campaign analytics is incredibly important as is someone with a focus on both biddable channels (paid search & social) and display.
This is an exciting role based in a beautiful part of Switzerland. We have a high performing team in Lausanne and are looking to build this team out with new exceptional talent.
To client (ultra-high-end luxury watch brand)
- Prepare strategic media recommendations including media selection, media planning and buying, reporting, research, measurement and key learnings from previous campaigns
- Deliver in depth analysis of digital activities across biddable and display channels, identifying key learnings and ways to improve communication effectiveness.
- Being the principal client point of contact on day to day digital (both digital display & biddable) & offline planning and buying matters.
- Together with analyst, prepare analysis on client campaigns using data gathered on client’s onsite analytics platform (eg Google Analytics)
- Lead the biddable media team (3 based in London), plus the advertising display teams (2 based in Lausanne) in both offline & digital. Be proficient in the implementation techniques of both buying & optimisation processes. Biddable compromises of paid search & social
- Work with analyst to produce best in class recommendations based on rigorous analysis of the Google Analytics data
- Oversee and be responsible for the billing and finance procedures of the team together with junior account manager, the account manager and the WM / GroupM finance teams
- Manage career development of 5 direct reports, in collaboration with the Head of Client Solutions.
- Actively seek new business opportunities & clients for Wavemaker
- Establish strong relationships with key senior media owners
- Form strong relationships with advertising agencies and other specialist partners
- Experience in delivering digital communication solutions, ideally for international, digitally focused clients.
- Complete understanding of the digital advertising process from strategy development to campaign implementation, both in digital display and biddable platforms (paid search & social)
- Campaign analytics - experience is creating reports using ad-server that analyse client marketing effectiveness from digital communications.
- Digital analytics – experience in conception and creation of analysis using multiple data sources (including client data), to increase marketing effectiveness for Wavemaker’s clients
- Fluent in English. French would be an advantage (though not essential)
- Passionate – brings a genuine thrill and excitement to the role
- Agile – is able to be nimble in thought and action and overcome obstacles to achieve great things
- Collaborative – works well with others, and can align behind a shared purpose
- Entrepreneurial – is open to new ideas, and will challenge old ones.
- Diverse – is proud of the difference they can bring
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
Wavemaker, SEA CONTAINERS, 18 UPPER GROUND, london, se1 9ET, united kingdom
Phone: -+44 (0)207 803 2000 www.wavemakerglobal.com A GroupM Company
Registered Office: Wavemaker Global Limited, Sea Containers, 18 Upper Ground, London SE1 9ET
Registered in England No. 4078556 VAT Reg. No. 512 5421 86