EMEA Marketing Manager - Events & Communications
Overview of Position: EMEA Marketing Manager, Events & Communications
Reporting to: EMEA Marketing Director
Are you a marketing professional looking for your next role in an environment where you will be given both autonomy and responsibility? Then this is the role for you.
As part of GroupM, Xaxis is a successful global company within the WPP family, who is pushing the boundaries of programmatic advertising and helping brands achieve their true business outcomes. Given its tremendous success in the EMEA region, we are currently looking to hire a new position of Marketing Manager, Events & Communications within the EMEA HQ based in London.
As Marketing Manager Events & Communications, you should have high energy, strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail and be a self-starter ready to take complete ownership of projects and always looking to raise the bar on what the department produces. This is a position with a wealth of opportunities for professional and personal growth at the leading company in the programmatic space.
- Develop and execute all elements of the EMEA events and communication strategy in line with the global company objectives.
- Reporting to the EMEA Marketing Director, you will work within an overall EMEA marketing team of 4, based in London.
- Seek out and implement all EMEA-wide event opportunities including key note speaker, panel participation, trade show presence and event sponsorship; opportunities that help showcase Xaxis' capabilities and brand integrity.
- Work with our 23 EMEA markets to implement bespoke local-level event opportunities on a country by country basis, offering expertise to strengthen networking opportunities and help the local markets to achieve success from their events.
- Work with internal stakeholders to successfully launch any new Xaxis capabilities, through event activity, across EMEA ensuring all event activity is part of a wider launch plan.
- Liaise with Xaxis EMEA's external PR partners across EMEA to ensure maximum content coverage.
- Work with the local markets to develop country specific PR road maps, content and media placement.
- Oversee all set internal and external marketing communication activity including internal and external facing newsletters.
- Manage project budgets, ensuring efficient and with-in budget use of funds.
- Produce clear project plans, ongoing measurement/evaluation and quarterly summary reports of marketing activities and its effectiveness for senior stakeholders.
- Management of all external vendors including copy writer and design team
The ideal candidate will have a proven event management and communication/PR knowledge, as well as exposure to sales and product teams collaboration. Excellent English communication skills both oral and written are a must.
The ability to multi-task, adapt to constant change and thrive on results is essential as well as the desire to get involved and make things happen. A cool and calm persona thrives in this environment where change happens often. The ability to adopt these changes quickly and communicate clearly and efficiently with people of various levels of seniority and across departments is a must.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in managing event delivery from idea creation, to execution, to evaluation - local and pan regional
- Experience with delivering PR activity
- Clear and effective communicator able to influence and drive action
- Experience in a B2B marketing organisation or advertising agency
- Advanced or excellent Microsoft programmes such as Excel, Powerpoint, Team etc
- Knowledge of CRM, Marketing automation and email marketing platforms such as Hubspot, MailChimp and Webinar applications
- Experience working with multiple departments and markets
- Able to work towards deadlines and has strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated, self starter with excellent organisational and project management skills
- Ability to take ownership and work autonomously on projects
Desired but not essential experience:
- Understanding of Programmatic Advertising
- Analytical skills
- Established partnerships within the event/advertising industry
- Design skills (In Design, Illustrator, Adobe etc...)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant and fast paced company with the opportunity to meet and work with many of the industry's top digital experts. The position requires someone who can think on the spot and, at times, work under considerable pressure calmly and with a smile.
Xaxis offers many social initiatives and corporate benefits creating an enjoyable environment for all to work in.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.