BI Analyst Developer
About the role
Our BI Solutions team are responsible for delivering industry-leading insight and analysis to our ever-growing client portfolio. We use SQL to build rich databases, transforming and moulding data from a variety of sources, such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and client data. We then transform this data into graphically engaging BI solutions that provide meaningful and relevant insights to our clients and internal teams.
As a BI Analyst Developer, you’ll be the link between our development and visualisation functions. Working across the team and the wider business, gathering requirements from client teams and other stakeholders, you will be responsible for driving the creation of flexible, data-driven solutions that make it easy for non-analysts to understand. Captivating your audience through brilliant visual representations of data that measure the impact of business activities, ensuring we continue to be the best at what we do.
This is an exciting data-driven role and we’re looking for someone to take it to the next level. Solving complex problems is something you do for fun. You possess great attention to detail and a precise eye for presenting data in strong, visually striking ways and a flair for working on the SQL BI stack. You will have the determination to advance our BI & dashboard platform, constantly coming up with new ideas and helping us to add even more value to our clients.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to become part of one of the most innovative and progressive Media agencies in the world! You’ll have opportunities to gain exposure to our tech, our amazing internal teams and our industry-leading clients and the chance to build your career & your future the way you want it!
About the person we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical/developer role with an emphasis on data visualisation
- A love for data visualisation and passion for exceeding expectations and thinking outside the box
- A practical working knowledge of the SQL stack
- Experience of reporting BI tools - ideally Tableau and potentially R-Shiny, SSRS, Qliksense, Power BI
- Intermediate stakeholder management and some client-side experience
- A broad knowledge base of statistics and statistical interpretation of quantitative data
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and a curiosity for advancing technologies
- Knowledge of web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, DataStudio & DoubleClick
- A good understanding of business performance metrics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
- The ability to manage projects and processes independently
Know it Is dedicated to becoming an expert and is willing to learn from others
- You will love working with data and be excited at the challenge of unlocking the power of insight by using a variety of tools and visualisations
- Working knowledge of Tableau or equally as proficient in other recognised BI Dashboarding tools (Power BI/Qlik etc)
- Demonstrate a good practical use of the SQL Server BI stack and be willing to learn and improve
- Build an understanding of the tracking methods used by MediaCom, the data available and the types of problems we must commonly solve
- Be capable and willing to absorb & learn all aspects of Business Intelligence and proactively engage with the wider Business Intelligence team
- Have a demonstrated ability to work in a client facing role
Explores beyond the brief and elevates the ordinary to the extraordinary
- You will be creative and relish the opportunity to experiment and explore different solutions aiming to provide our clients with innovative and meaningful insights
- Create visual solutions that meet our client's needs but exceed their expectations
- A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
- Use the tools available to you to support the development of creative, data-driven solutions to problems
Collaborates to share ideas and achieve success with others
- Project manage and deliver data driven solutions to meet our client’s objectives
- Collaborate with colleagues to solve problems, share approaches and build the skills and knowledge of the whole team
- Support wider team in identifying opportunities for new technologies and how they could integrate into our existing platform
- The ability to manage your own workload and competently communicate to the relevant stakeholders
- Engage with other teams throughout the agency to support the delivery of projects
- Aid colleagues across the business in effective interpretation of data
Delivers great work
- Manage your workload and ensure you deliver great work - on time, every time.
- Keep colleagues and clients up to date on any changes or new features and deliver additional training if needed
- Develop an expert understanding of business performance metrics
- Let your personality shine, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.