Data Quality Executive, Unilever
Data Quality Executive
Job title: Data Quality Executive
Reporting to: Data Quality Team Leader
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
An increasingly fundamental and differentiating capability for any marketing led organisation is the ability to control data and analyse it to create knowledge. Repeatable knowledge needs to be actively cultivated and re-applied across the business to help interpret granular analytics. Unilever is investing considerably in this area in a bid to ensure its marketing is visible, rigorous, and measured, and Mindshare is a key partner, playing a key role in the collection, reporting and analysis of data from over 70 countries.
This is a new role.
The Mindshare Unilever team is looking for a Data Quality (DQ) Executive (permanent position), who will work as part of the team and be responsible for coordinating data collection and harmonisation across a number of data sources, countries and templates for analysis and reporting.
The role reports directly to DQ team leader and will work with the broader Unilever worldwide client team at Mindshare, local agencies, the global Mindshare Business Planning Consulting team, and the Technology Team. The team is made up of 7 people (including this role).
The Data Quality Team is being set up as a dedicated team (separated from reporting) to improve the data accuracy of various systems and data sets used for reporting and delivery to Unilever. The inception of this group is in part due to the change of scope and structure within Unilever, and their strategic requirements for data, but also an appreciation of the role data plays in the planning, implementation and reporting of marketing activities. There are circa 30 countries across 3 data sources with circa 20+ fields to validate requiring a staff of 4 executives to manage on a day-to-day basis.
The main objective of this role is to sit in-between the local agencies and the Technology team at Mindshare’s data management process, to sign off on all data inputs. The role’s scope is to work with the local agencies to correct any issues at source. This spans 3 key data sources [media investment, budget recommendation and funding performance]. The role includes (but in not limited to) the following key roles & responsibilities:
- Validating the media plans and ensuring they have been properly populated (flights, product, brands, campaign, media channel, unit length, etc).
- Validating each budget file is in the correct template, with the mandatory fields populated.
- Aligning the budget file inputs and budget setting levels are aligned with the media investment data.
- Cross checking investment against previous months by Country, Category, Local Brand in a validation logbook.
- Distributing monthly Validation/Acceptance reports to all Mindshare markets to have data corrected at source.
- Ensuring Local Mindshare work with local UL marketing teams to confirm correct campaign names are being used in CSI (Mindshare’s global media reporting system). DQ will add new campaigns to system where necessary.
- Educating the local Mindshare countries with the benefits of system and responsibilities - aka ‘single source of truth’.
The client is a highly detailed oriented client with a fast-pace business model. Precision, accuracy and efficient management of data and reporting is the priority for an executive. You must demonstrate faultless execution of agreed working practices and expert data handling & reporting skills. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Building relationships with the local agencies, the client leadership team, the consulting leads, and technology counter-parts.
- Understanding the data inputs, how they are defined, how it fits with the various reports and the purpose and objective of the report for end users.
- Curious and connected: Exploits available tools fully to achieve efficient results; aware of alternative technologies that may benefit; learns from colleagues and shares knowledge with others.
- Inventive: Diagnoses problems by identifying and understanding the cause of the problems.
- Create Client Bonds: Understands what the client wants and why by actively listening and clearly articulating a solid understanding of the Client's objectives, their services, capabilities, strengths, weakness, objectives etc.
- Build relationships: Builds rapport with others in order to develop productive and effective relationships at work.
- Initiative and Drive: Effectively prioritises multiple tasks; takes appropriate actions to avoid/manage crisis.
Specific performance objectives, measures and a personal development plan will be agreed with and then appraised by your line manager but will include:
- Accurate provision of data for reporting within the service level agreements relating to accuracy and deadlines.
- Personal recommendation/ feedback amongst client, partners, peers and team members.
- Client satisfaction.
Some areas that any potential candidate will be evaluated include but are not limited to the following:
- Does this person have the type of personality that contributes positively to the spirit of the team?
- Does this person have a passion for data and numbers and a desire to unlock insights?
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.