WM Play Comms Planning Manager
Job Title:Comms Planning Account Manager
Reporting to:Comms Planning Account Director
Key reports:Direct Reports: Comms Planning Account Executive
WM Play is Wavemaker’s tech and entertainment client hub. We are looking for a person that has a passion for technology, creativity and innovation which can be brought into their day to day role.
WM Play Account Managers will have experience project managing multiple campaigns at once and be able to talk confidently about their plans with strong knowledge of both online and offline media channels. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating a deeper understanding of the consumer through data and research and who can use our Rapid Growth Planning tools and systems to best advantage.
WM Play Account Managers will also be passionate about the category and the media industry, able to talk articulately about the latest news and events, conveying this enthusiasm and knowledge to clients. Specific experience on an entertainment brand would be a bonus, but not a requirement. The Account Manager will have proven client relationship skills, excellent attention to detail and accuracy across everything they do. They will be just as comfortable leading a client meeting and talking through some slides in a strategic presentation as they are with managing budgets and keeping plans up to date.
The accounts in this team are fast paced and dynamic, so this candidate will need to be adaptable, smart and a desire to make the impossible possible. The accounts include: Huawei, Honor and P&O Cruises.
We want someone who can hit the ground running and quickly become the trusted day to day client contact; helping pull together plans with client and internal teams; whilst ensuring operational and day to day account-handling excellence at all times.
Client and Agency Partner liaison:
- Build strong client relationships at the appropriate level, man-marking appropriate level clients and learning their business and ways of working.
- Become the trusted main day to day contact for client queries, answering with accuracy and in a timely manner, keeping them up to date with campaign detail at all times.
- Able to articulate to clients the key deliverables around their campaigns when they require it.
- Understand campaign KPIs and be able to articulate the status against them.
- Meet regularly with media owners, data suppliers, tech and analytics partners, creative agencies and other client/agency stakeholders etc. to build knowledge and understanding of how purchase journey solutions can be enhanced for clients.
Create, brief and manage strategy and planning across the integrated agency team with the support of the Account Director:
- Support the Account Director to create accurate, detailed and useful strategies/plans
- Ensure implementational plans are accurate and up to date and reporting is managed
- Work closely with Comms Planning Executive and Activation teams to ensure the day to day is run efficiently and effectively, keeping the Account Director up to date on the status of campaigns.
- Liaise with agency partners to ensure they are fully aware of activities and have all the detail needed to fulfill their role e.g. most up to date plan details, creative specs etc.
- Collaborate openly and effectively with all other functions within the integrated client team to ensure that the Purchase Journey is deployed perfectly, by everyone involved.
- Ensure financial management processes are excellent at all times with confidence to raise POs, keep trackers up to date and accurate, respond to client requests and minimize any queries.
- Ensure reporting is sent out in agreed and timely manner.
- Manage team executive to ensure they are on track with daily tasks.
Sourcing and analyzing data to get a deeper understanding of the purchase journey:
- Produce market insights (i.e. competitor reviews, tool analysis and consumer understanding).
- Be proficient in the Rapid Growth Planning framework, tools and usage.
- Immerse yourself into the entertainment category and be passionate about it
- Stay abreast of Wavemaker’s capabilities and the wider industry.
- Have some level of awareness of measurement options available from multiple research companies and Wavemaker products.
Georgia Vine – Account Director
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.