BI SQL Developer
About the role:
Our BI Solutions team are responsible for delivering industry-leading insight and analysis to our ever-growing client portfolio. We use the SQL stack to build rich databases, transforming and moulding data from a variety of sources, such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and client data. We then build this data into graphically engaging BI solutions that provide meaningful and relevant insights to our clients and internal teams.
In this business-critical role as a BI Developer, you will form an integral part of the team that are the gatekeepers of our most precious asset. You will work closely with our Senior BI Developer to strengthen and maintain our data platform, building out ETL processes using SSIS or Python. You will utilise your experience and knowledge to help us develop a new data model and architecture to future-proof our deliverables, working closely with peers and stakeholders alike.
Solving complex problems is something you do for fun and you possess great attention to detail. You will have the determination to support the advancement of our BI & data platforms and help us add even more value to our clients. You’ll support our internal and client teams where required and work closely with the rest of the BI Team to share ideas and best practice. Working openly and transparently as one team with the wider MediaCom family.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of one of the most innovative and progressive Media agencies in the world. You’ll gain exposure to our tech, our amazing internal teams and our industry-leading clients and the chance to build your career & your future the way you want it.
About the person we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a BI SQL Stack Developer
- Essential experience in T-SQL, SSIS, Excel, SSRS
- Exposure to C#, TFS, Data Warehousing, Data Lakes
- Some working knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Knowledge or experience of BI Visualisation tools such as Tableau/Power BI/Qlik
- Knowledge of web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics & DoubleClick is advantageous
- An enthusiasm to support our people and our clients with innovative data solutions
- Experience working with and mentoring junior team members
- A love for data and passion for exceeding expectations
- Some experience in project management methodology would be a bonus
- A well organised and proactive approach to projects & tasks
- An appetite to evolve your skillset and embrace new technology to help drive the BI Solutions team forward
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.