International - Senior Digital Planner - Sony Electronics
Following a successful pitch, in Jan 2016 SONY Mobile Global and Sony Electronics Global appointed Mediacom to handle their collective accounts across the territories. SONY ranks as MediaCom’s 5th largest client.
SONY Electronics Europe is the manufacturer of TVs, audio and digital imaging hardware. The product lines include Bravia (TV), Alpha (cameras) and speaker/headphones to name a few.
SONY operates across 25 countries in Europe managed by a central team in London. They have undergone significant change to their business and are producing better products with more competitive pricing and better distribution.
Over the past three years, Sony has progressively shifted their media budgets to digital channels, making the transition from offline to online in a calculated and data led strategy. As such, the planning and execution is primarily managed by our International team in London, with some support from our local teams across Europe.
Sony places a high emphasis on process and campaign reporting. Delivering consistency and accuracy make up the core of the relationship between MediaCom and Sony. We are looking for a candidate who values structure and data integrity.
Objectives for the role:
The Senior Digital Planner will report to the Digital Associate Director and work alongside a data analyst to plan, execute and report on centrally activated campaigns.
The role involves a variety of tasks from campaign planning to execution to reporting and includes:
- Acting as a day to day contact with the client
- Responding to briefs, producing and QA’ing media plans, optimising campaigns and generating actionable insights
- Managing local markets for locally bought campaigns (30% of all our campaigns) and ensure they follow global guidelines and deliver performance as planned
- Manage relationship with publishers and creative agency
- Work closely with Connected Execution team (biddable channels such as search and social) to ensure campaign delivery
- Responsible for buying display media (booking, monitoring and invoicing)
- Ensuring the consistency and timely delivery of reporting of all channels
- Initiate and prepare media education sessions with stakeholders at Sony
- Keeping up with the media landscape (come up with partnerships or new media players when relevant)
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for tech and data (ie. comfortable and/or willing to use formulas in Excel)
- International and multi-market experience is desirable
- Execution knowledge of digital channels including display, VOD, social and search
- General understanding of the media channels, their roles and how they work together
- Experience working with multiple technology platforms: DSPs, DMPs, verification tools, ad servers, site analytics etc.
- Highly numerate and proven analytic skills
- Thorough attention to detail is required
- A strong communicator with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar
- Strong and well attuned interpersonal skills
- Perseverance and the ability to challenge clients in a structured and well thought through way
What’s in it for you!
As part of the GroupM and WPP network, our benefits are incredibly comprehensive, and you’ll have plenty of fantastic benefits to choose from. We’ve listed a few below - and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Stunning London-based offices with on-site bar, cafe and roof terrace
- 25 days’ holiday from the get-go, increasing with length of service
- Season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical (BUPA) and life assurance
- We also have a regular events calendar including company socials, sports clubs, a range of on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
How to apply:
Please apply online via this advertisement and send us your CV and a covering letter. Please note that we require all applicants to have the full right to work in the UK, without sponsorship.
If you require any assistance throughout your recruitment process, please call the Future Talent Team on 02071585400 to discuss your requirements.
About MediaCom: People First, Better Results
People First, Better Results articulates our belief that an agency is only as good as the people behind the name. We believe that our people are truly what differentiate us as an agency. It is they who drive the success of the company, attracting clients who want to work with the smartest, most motivated people possible. Because we believe in the power of our employees to build our business, we aim to work in a way that recognises this; creating a culture and working environment that is exciting, stimulating and challenging.
MediaCom is one of the world’s largest and most successful media networks with 7,000 people working in 125 offices in 100 countries. Like every company, we look to find the best people for the job. We believe we employ the best people in the industry. However, it doesn’t end with finding the best talent. We spend considerable time and funding ensuring that our people are motivated, have the best training and advancement opportunities and understand their clients’ businesses.
For more information, please visit http://www.mediacom.com
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.