Offline Performance Planning Manager
Who are m/SIX?
m/SIX is the UK's fastest-growing media planning and buying agency, having doubled in size in the last eighteen months to 150 people and £200m in billings. Our international network now comprises over 40 offices across 3 continents.
We have a unique proposition and ownership structure, which is fundamental to how we operate for our clients. We are majority owned by our partners within The&Partnership, but GroupM’s minority ownership means that we are able to offer a true ‘best of both worlds’ advantage. This means a progressive and entrepreneurial approach to business and culture, whilst providing full access to GroupM’s market leading pricing, data and technology assets. The&Partnership overall has a strong ethic of pitching in and getting our hands dirty, regardless of level. As such we are naturally less hierarchical and territorial than many other agency environments, particularly when it comes to working with creative teams.
As both The&Partnership and m/SIX we have therefore created new models and ways of working, which are leading the industry in defining the agency of the future. This means solutions built bespoke for clients’ individual needs, inclusive of all necessary disciplines and working to one bottom line. Creatives, strategist, analysts, investment and production teams working together, with data and technology at the centre. These teams are often implanted directly within the client marketing teams: in the UK we have fully embedded teams at News UK, Talk Talk and Toyota/Lexus. The impact of this has been transformational on our clients’ business.
As a direct outcome of this progressive & transformational agenda, m/SIX has two ambitions. To be a top ten agency in every market in which we operate, and to be the most important place in the careers of our people.
Who is the client?
TalkTalk are the UK’s value champion in Broadband and combined TV, Mobile and Internet services. Unlike competitors with their flashy celebrity led campaigns, TalkTalk genuinely put ‘the customer’ at the heart of their business. This is reflected in our campaigns which feature a real ‘TalkTalk family’ – showcasing ‘real people/ real lives’.
We help TalkTalk invest over £70m annually in media across all brand and performance channels. With an integrated team, rich in data and analytics and working closely within an embedded team together with our creative agency The&Partnership.
What is the role?
We’re looking for a rising media planning talent to join our offline response driven media planning team. This role would suit someone who is quick-thinking, a go-getter and will support the team enthusiastically as we strive to deliver continued excellent results for our client, TalkTalk.
The role will involve working with client contacts, account managers, strategy, buying and data teams to analyse the effectiveness of various offline campaigns and use the learnings to plan and implement future activity. The role requires someone who can be reactive, efficient and able to work well under pressure with excellent attention to detail.
The role involves managing a mix of Acquisition and Brand advertising activity across TV, press, OOH, radio and door drop channels for the TalkTalk account. Working on a large brand, but in a relatively compact team, means there are lots of opportunities to get involved in all aspects of the account.
- Support the Account Managers and Account Directors in planning across all offline channels
- Help in the management of client briefs; ensuring appropriate teams are briefed and proposed plans/schedules are sent to clients in a timely manner
- Specific responsible for AV spot management, ensuring campaigns are delivered to plan and to client expectations
- Take responsibility for the collation and production of weekly summary performance reports and status sheets
- Collate comprehensive post campaign analysis, getting results from all channels plus other measures of success and evaluating in line with original brief/KPI’s
- Assess competitor spend and impact on TalkTalk activity and manage monthly competitor reports for clients
- Develop strong relationships with key media partners, internal departments and clients
- Responsible for media insights and updates
- Understand and take responsibility for managing day to day finances and liaising with the finance team where required
Who are you?
- You will be someone who has demonstrable experience in media planning across a variety of channels
- An excellent communicator – both written and verbal (including presentations)
- You will have strong understanding of the Mediaocean and Den systems
- You will someone who is comfortable working on multiple projects at once
- You will have strong Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- You will be numerically minded with a strong attention to detail
- You will be organised and methodical
- You will be proactive, supportive and positive
- Have an understanding of planning tools Mediatel, TGI, Ad Dynamix and knowing Adalyser would be a bonus but not a necessity
Where is the role based?
As Talk Talk move their operations up to the North-West we are very excited to be moving alongside them. This role will be co-located in the client’s new headquarters Soapworks, a multifaceted destination hub on Greater Manchester’s Waterfront. Working in such close proximity with the client will enable us to work in smarter, more nimble ways to deliver the most innovative data-driven work. We envision that this move to the north-west will just be the start for m/SIX making their mark on the Manchester market and we are therefore looking for someone who can also help us grow our northern footprint.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.