Client Leadership Partner, Dyson
Job title: Client Leadership Partner
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$30 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 8,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Dyson is a fast-growing and dynamic paced client with a track record of growth. They invest in a strong NPD pipeline across a growing number of categories, with plans to enter new categories. They are always on and there is a significant workload that needs to be well organized and managed.
Dyson are a priority client for Mindshare (MS) Worldwide who have built a growing multi-discipline media team in London to deliver global/EU media services to Dyson. The overall worldwide vision is set by the client leadership and digital team (FAST) who develop the strategy for the business. The majority of digital strategic and activation services for Europe are also managed by the EU hub and there are hubs for APAC in Singapore and the Americas in NY.
The Partner role, based in London within this expanding global team is a critical central role working across disciplines and the network (c 40 countries) as well as a number of Dyson stakeholders (Dyson Group, Categories and COE) based in Malmesbury in the Cotswolds and London.
There is an increasingly upstream relationship working with Dyson on key communication challenges such as the balance of brand & performance; measurement framework and brand safety. MS also develops the annual Category strategies; supports the development of NPD guidelines; builds audience segmentation and has a globally consistent planning framework supported with business planning tools.
Ultimately, from initial global briefing to local/regional hub activation, we are involved end to end in all key campaigns and strategic priorities for Dyson whose creative is managed in house. There is a strong focus on Performance but the balance with Brand is growing in importance too.
A Partner level candidate with a proven track record is required to support the Client Lead to build a real partnership with Dyson client teams; to drive Network Leadership; to lead key project teams; and to enable best practice
Ideally the versatile candidate will have a broad experience of client and network leadership and will be a strong media practitioner with proven planning skills and a good digital understanding.
Dyson are a demanding client and this will be the sole assignment and only priority for the successful candidate.
The Dyson Client Leadership Partner role reports to the Global Client Lead
- Responsible for building a strong partnership with Dyson Group media team (Media Director/Media Operations Director); Categories and COE Europe across multiple workflows.
- Responsible for managing communications, meeting & status reports, weekly meetings and the timely production of quality of outputs for Dyson Group Media, Categories & COE.
- A key focus is to build Category relationships; support the Strategy lead with strategic recommendations for NPD, development of campaign guidelines and management of workflow and status meetings.
- Support to build a cohesive MS WW management team working seamlessly with the FAST Operations Director, FAST Lead & Strategy Lead with a weekly status to give cross discipline visibility
- Ensure flawless day to day operations supported by the Business Director to build a collaborative and high performing WW Client Leadership team.
- Responsible for the recruitment, personal development and training of the WW Client Leadership team.
- Responsible for the set up and management of the TRR and Barometer relationship.
- Support the Global Client Lead on contractual matters and internal financial management & reporting.
- Key day to day network contact responsible for network management; sharing of best practice, and supporting the Client Lead with issue resolution.
- Responsible for onboarding new network team members and building a Worldwide Induction pack for all new starters.
- Responsible for driving the CSI Financial dashboards and working with the markets to ensure a timely and accurate reporting function.
- Work with the Trading team to ensure timely delivery of outputs and attend monthly meetings
- Responsible for integrating new Dyson working processes with the support of the Project Management Director to ensure timely adoption by all key functions
- Responsible for building/updating WOW (FAST/Category/Other) with the support of key team members
- Responsible for integrating other key WPP partners into the working process i.e. Millward Brown for strategic work and Hogarth for ongoing optimization of working process between media & production.
- Work with the Technology team and the Project Management Director to support the development and roll out of new dashboards and products (CSI/Performance Dashboard/Loop online) to clients and to the network
Key Skills and Experience:
- Identified personality traits to succeed on Dyson are: Lean In; Ambitious; Committed; Resilient; Agile; Responsive; Provocative; Collaborative. Candidates need to be able to demonstrate with examples
- The candidate needs to be hands on and someone who beyond managing a team and building client relationships enjoys producing quality output for client meetings.
- Capable of being agile and flexible in approach – no room for an intangible approach
- Someone who is keen to add value and to make a difference.
- Capable of thriving within a fast-paced working environment
- Self-starter keen to build new initiatives but enjoys working collaboratively as part of a global team
- Resilient and positive outlook to support the team and drive the forwards agenda
Skills & Experience
- Significant communications experience, ideally including prior multi-national/global experience.
- Local market media experience as a media planner with a strong media understanding is critical ideally online & offline.
- Global/Regional experience managing multi-national accounts with regular network contact and strong collaboration skills.
- Experience of working on clients with multiple brands/products and adept at managing multiple stakeholders
- Collaborative with proven ability to lead and develop a team and to work with clients and partner agencies in a seamless way
- Proven project management skills to be able to manage multiple workflows and to drive delivery and results
- Fluent in all aspects of media with strong digital understanding.
- Commercially driven and forward thinking looking to develop new services that respond to client challenges
- Competent and confident with managing finance and agency internal revenue reporting
- Experience developing working processes, frameworks/guidelines and toolkits for implementation
- Delivery of strong client advocacy (as evaluated in the annual Service questionnaire/TRR survey)
- Delivery of a collaborative way of working with peer group and direct reports (annual 360 evaluation)
- Delivery of strong Network Management (network relationships/ Service questionnaire scores/ Barometer scores)
- Delivery of strong project management, plans and outputs for key strategic projects working in tandem with the Strategy Director, Business Director and Project Management Director
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.