Account Executive, IHG
Job title: Account Executive, IHG
Group: Mindshare WW
Client: IHG, The AELTC, Portakabin
Reports to: Account Manager
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent. Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place! We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
This Account Executive position within the IHG / AELTC / Portakabin Client Leadership team presents a unique opportunity to take on a hybrid role covering both global client account management and global/regional media planning and buying. The successful applicant will be part of the multi-skilled core Client Leadership team who manages campaigns/ projects, whilst drawing on specialist departments such as Sponsorship, Paid Social, Research, and Trading, where needed.
The primarily role of the Account Executive will be to support the planning and buying of global and regional media campaigns, being the key day to day point of contact for a number of clients. There will also be exposure to other job facets such as market co-ordination, financial and process management, providing a very solid foundation for your current and future career given the varied role.
A secondary responsibility in this role will be in supporting the wider team on promoting a digital-centric client agenda.
Their primary responsibility will be offering support to the Client Leadership Senior Account Executive, Manager and Business Director. 75% of projects will involve reporting to the Senior Account Executive and 25% directly to the Account Manager. With the role there is a great chance to work with senior individuals from both an agency and client perspective.
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is a global account, spanning more than 12 countries and utilising the full spectrum of Mindshare services; from Strategic Planning, to Partnerships Design, to Media Campaign Implementation. The account supports a portfolio of both upscale and midscale brands, spending most of our time with InterContinental, Hotel Indigo, Kimpton and Crowne Plaza.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) is one Mindshare’s more recent account wins. With the AELTC, we assist with strategic brand planning as well as the annual media campaign activation for The Championships. This is in addition to ad hoc projects that we carry out across the year, which relate to promotion of hospitality packages, eCommerce consultancy, promotion of Museum Tours etc.
Our final account is Portakabin. Portakabin create modular design buildings and we activate media for Portakabin across Europe, currently focusing in the UK and France. Our services are focused on Strategic Planning, Tactical Campaign Implementation and Development of Media Partnerships.
- Campaign Activation – where required, global and regional plan activation will be required (primarily Digital, Print and OOH), including media channel / vendor analysis, selection, negotiation, implementation and reporting
- Vendor Analysis – meet with media owners and evaluate proposals, to grow knowledge of the landscape and offerings and proactively identify opportunities to bring to the clients
- Client Relationships – become the key day to day contact for selected clients across IHG
- Tools – use both Mindshare proprietary tools and wider industry tools (e.g. Mindreader, Nielsen, Kantar, TGI, Ebiquity, etc.) to deliver solutions to client requests
- Market Coordination – form strong relationships with markets, to support Ad-hoc requests as they arise; this may include gathering campaign launch overviews, collection of market level reporting, distribution of global strategies, or sourcing brand health data
- Competitive – lead competitive requests, including bi-annual global data and analysis deliverables
- Finance – key point of contact for finance commitments in the team, helping ensure all financial obligations are met
- Team Support – Assists the entire IHG team with client requests and meeting preparations
- Digital – support of digital requirements and work streams as necessary
- Media Strategy – supporting the development and implementation of media strategy
Delivery of data outputs with speed and accuracy.
This is a multi-faceted account which will offer exposure to global media strategies all the way to tactical day-to-day implementation detail. This is a ‘hands on’ role, and the ideal candidate should expect to be involved and contribute on a daily basis. Key skill requirements will include:
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks – this is critical!
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure – this is critical!
- Desire to work within team environment, able to take direction and action accordingly
- Strong organisational and communication skills, to manage markets across the globe
- Ability to manage time efficiently to accomplish tasks in a timely fashion
- Positive attitude and an eagerness to learn, develop, and grow as part of the bigger IHG team
- Demonstrate a passion for brands and marketing communications, and a desire to learn more about the industry – especially digital
- Work well within a busy team, keep calm under pressure, be diligent and take pride the accuracy of the work produced.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient at Maths with an aptitude and liking for numbers
- comfortable with the use of Excel (an advance user is a plus but not a prerequisite).
- Positive, enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- A team player, who wants to learn more about the media industry and develop a career with Mindshare.
- Internal reviews and feedback
- Feedback from client & agency partners
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.