Paid Search Account Manager, Dyson
Paid Search Account Manager
Job title: Paid Search Account Manager
Group: FAST Worldwide Paid Search and Social
Reports to: Partner, Search and Social
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
A role exists within Mindshare Worldwide FAST within a growing Paid Search and Social specialist team. Dyson is an existing global client of Mindshare. As we continue to evolve our partnership with Dyson to help them achieve their global business ambitions, we are regionalizing the management of digital, setting up 5 FAST hubs around the globe. We are looking for a Paid Search Account Manager to join us and who will play an influential role in establishing the EMEA hub and working with the Search Director managing the on-going Dyson client engagement.
Founded in 1997, Mindshare was set up to pioneer and innovate to give our clients a competitive advantage. In the intervening decade, we have been the world's fastest-growing media agency- and we have witnessed a true communications revolution. Traditional notions of what marketing agencies can do have been ripped up and the lines between digital, creative, media, direct and consultancy have blurred. Both for right now and for the future our ambition is to lead the definition of what a media agency can do and should do.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and Social channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain 2 individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations, and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Our portfolio of Paid Search clients includes IBM, Blackrock, Unilever, Dyson and more… We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking and finding the perfect connection between their products and potential customers through Search platforms.
The candidate will ultimately report to the Partner, Search and Social. For personal development and day to day management they will report into the Paid Search Account Director. Working within the Paid Search team they will be integral to achieving client goals, and the development and optimization of Paid Search activity as part of integrated multi-channel campaigns.
Key skills & knowledge:
The ideal candidate will be expected to use their own initiative to manage Google and Bing Search and Shopping Ads. You will be expected to champion the Mindshare WW best practice approach to delivering campaigns, multi market strategy coordination and communication. You will lead by example, taking responsibility for the guidance and development of junior members of the team
- Exceptional paid search experience ideally managing global retail search clients across both standard Search and Shopping
- Experience supporting, developing and mentoring junior team members
- Comprehensive knowledge of paid search best practices for campaign management
- Experience managing direct response campaigns, optimising account to achieve performance targets
- An expert in using audiences to optimise paid search campaigns
- Experience applying scripts and automation to optimise and complement campaign management tasks
- Proficient in using advance features available within search management platforms, particularly SA360
- Exceptional planning and campaign management experience
- Able to clearly articulate the rationale for proposed campaign tactics
- Aware of how search can integrate with other digital and offline channels
- An understanding of search measurement capabilities
- Able to devise a testing approach delivering statistically significant results and insight
- Experience working with client leadership, developing day to day client relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Analytically minded with good attention to detail, able to identify trends in large data sets
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Effective and efficient working style, highly organised
- Able to communicate effectively and work as part of the wider team
- Language skills desirable – German or French
- SPEED: You will be expected to identify and action innovative opportunities to drive client performance in real time within the fast-paced digital ecosystem.
- TEAMWORK: You should build your client’s and client leadership team’s trust and confidence by guiding them through Search best practices actively listening and responding to their queries and concerns. You will support with the training of others, encouraging the development of junior team members, allowing them to take greater responsibility for campaign optimisation.
- PROVICATION: The ideal candidate should champion ideas that push yourself and others outside their comfort zone to improve performance as well as take entrepreneurial calculated risks to act on opportunities that lead to significant gains for the business.
Lead campaign management across search engines
- Effectively managing the work load for your clients
- Overseeing and leading the planning, execution and on-going management of paid search campaigns
- Owning the creation of media plans and best practice set up of search campaigns to achieve specified KPIs
- Carry out health checks on Paid Search accounts to ensure they are set up and running to Mindshare best practice
- Proactively performing regular optimization of accounts, monitoring market changes and identifying development opportunities
- Creating and leading the execution of development and testing plans including BETA where there is opportunity
- Reviewing performance, providing actionable insights and recommendations for delivering performance efficiencies
- Making full use of the technology available, implementing processes and practices that maximize operational efficiencies
- Preparing presentations and leading conference calls and face to face meetings
- The accurate management of budgets adhering to the Mindshare WW finance process
- Working with the AD to devise campaign strategy and translate this into campaign delivery
- Collaborating with other digital teams within the FAST hub
- Being innovative in your approach to managing campaigns efficiently
- Delegating and managing workloads across the team
- Establishing a clear approach to the management and development of junior team members
- Contributing to and managing personal development plans,
- Identifying areas where junior team members need training and support
- Arranging and attending relevant training to progress your and the team’s knowledge and capability
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments and applying these to your clients where relevant
- Motivating and encouraging junior team members to develop their knowledge of search best practices
- Supporting the educating of client’s teams on the benefits and purpose of paid search
The Paid Search Manager will be expected to manage existing client campaigns as well as display effective communication within the team and with key suppliers and internal account teams.
- Consistently hitting and exceeding client’s targets
- Overseeing the implementation of best practices and knowledge share
- Continuously innovating and testing
- The management of junior team members development
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.