Paid Search Executive, IBM
Paid Search Executive
Job title: PPC Account Executive
Group: FAST Worldwide FAST
Reports to: Business Director IBM
A role exists within Mindshare WorldWide FAST within a growing Paid Search and Organic specialist team. You will be a crucial team member of the EightBar team, which is a collective of talent across WPP network dedicated to servicing IBM client. EightBar Search team in London is responsible for strategy and activation of Paid Search activity in Europe which is closely integrated with Organic Search efforts lead by the Agency and the IBM team. We are looking for PPC Account Executive to help us drive best practices and performance for IBM across 21 European markets.
Founded in 1997, Mindshare was set up to pioneer and innovate in order to give our clients a competitive advantage. In the intervening decade, we have been the world's fastest-growing media agency- and we have witnessed a true communications revolution. Traditional notions of what marketing agencies can do have been ripped up and the lines between digital, creative, media, direct and consultancy have blurred. Both for right now and for the future our ambition is to lead the definition of what a media agency can do and should do.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and Social channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain 2 individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations, and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Our portfolio of Paid Search clients includes IBM, Blackrock, Unilever, Dyson and more… We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking and finding the perfect connection between their products and potential customers through Search platforms.
The candidate will ultimately report to the Partner. For personal development and day to day management they will report into the Paid Search Account Director. Working within the Paid Search team they will be integral to achieving client goals, and the development and optimization of Paid Search activity as part of integrated multi-channel campaigns.
Key skills & knowledge:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for digital media and keen to develop a career within Paid Search. They should be able to articulate what Paid Search is.
- Enthusiasm for digital media and keen to develop a career within performance media channel
- Can provide a description of what Paid Search
- Analytically minded with experience handling large data sets
- Able to spot trends in sets of data
- Proactive approach to improving their knowledge and capability
- Highly organised, with an effective and efficient approach to managing tasks
- High attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively, collaborate with others and work as part of team
- Ability to manage work to tight deadline and changing priorities
- Additional language skills are advantageous
- An understanding of the functionality of Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience using basic features of excel
- University degree
- SPEED: You will be expected to identify way to accelerate you learning and development. To action innovative opportunities to support with the optimizing search accounts in real time within the fast-paced digital ecosystem.
- TEAMWORK: You should build your team’s trust and confidence by supporting them with client deliverables and ensuring all search accounts are optimized to Mindshare’s Search best practices, actively listening and responding to their guidance.
- PROVICATION: The ideal candidate should curious and courageous pushing themselves outside their comfort zone in order to improve their development and performance.
- Establish an understanding of the mechanics of Paid Search
- Complete the necessary specialist qualification, i.e Google Search Fundamentals, Bing Ads Accreditation, SA360 accreditation
- Become confident in navigating the platforms required to manage paid search campaigns
- Learn how to effectively and efficiently create keyword lists and taxonomies for individual campaigns
- Understand what makes a compelling paid search ad
- Learn and apply the Mindshare search best practices in order to execute campaigns
- Complete daily checks to monitor campaign budget and performance
- Understand what your client’s key performance indicators (KPI) are and how to monitor these
- Understand how to identify and measure KPIs for search campaigns
- Learn how paid search campaigns are tracked and measured
- Learn IBMs campaigns taxonomy
- Learn to identify and act upon budget optimizations requirements
- Submit work to senior team members for review in a timely manner and to meet deadlines
- Keep up to date with digital media developments and share with the wider team
- Be able to use all key features in the native and 3rd part search management platforms, in particular campaign set up and reporting
- Assist with building best practice search campaigns end to end based on approved media plans.
- Writing of paid search ad copy and identifying all applicable extension and best practices to maximise performance
- Understanding how audiences are used for paid search targeting and campaign optimization Ensuring accounts are set up and running to Mindshare best practice
- Ensure exceptional finance management by completing the Mindshare finance process for all clients
- Complete client reporting and analyze campaign results under the guidance of the Account Manager, with a view to developing insights out of the data over time
- Contribute to the generation of media plans
- Become confident in how to set up search campaigns
- Demonstrate you understand how all paid search campaign components can influence each other and performance
- Understand how paid search metrics interrelate and can influence each other
- Be able to identify what optimization lever are available to improve paid search performance to meet your client’s KPIs
- Have a working knowledge of how to make bid optimization using the native platform and 3rd party technology
- Support with weekly account optimization in addition to bid optimization
- Contribute to materials required for regular internal or client meetings
- Understand the approach to preparing a media plan in response to a client’s brief
- Develop upon your skill to become an expert in search marketing
The Search Executive will be expected to demonstrate an enthusiasm to learn, with an inquisitive approach to develop their knowledge and capability to build, manage and plan Paid Search campaigns. Supporting the team with client campaigns to achieve agreed KPIs, proactively optimizing and monitoring search best practice are being applied, as well as display effective communication within the team and internal stakeholders.
- Inquisitive and proactive approach to learning and development
- Exceptional execution and application of Search Best Practices
- Meeting and exceeding clients performance targets
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.