MediaCom is looking for a brilliant senior comms planner to work on DFS and The Army, two of Britain’s most recognisable brands with exciting market challenges and brand opportunities.
You should be an established Senior Planner, looking to take more of a strategic approach to planning whilst developing account managing skills, or a proven Planner acting in an SP capacity.
DFS is a high-profile, dynamic and diverse account. It is one of the biggest in the agency, and one of the biggest and most recognisable advertisers in the UK. This role represents a great opportunity for a forward thinking and dynamic senior planner to work across all media channels, and to develop their role a trusted advisor to clients. DFS are a commercially successful business with a keen interest in delivering best-in-class media strategy every day, whilst also looking to explore the new and different. MediaCom have held the DFS account since 2011 and seen award wins during that time with Thinkbox, Media Week – and most notably, an IPA effectiveness gold in 2018.
The British Army is a prestigious and interesting brand that is regularly in the public eye, and will give you an opportunity to focus on strategic planning and take ownership of high profile projects. The challenge of recruiting for the British Army is both exciting and diverse. Featuring high-profile campaigns that often garner news attention, this account offers the opportunity to stretch strategic planning skills, client management and interaction with the wider agency group. Other functions of MediaCom work on the account, including Econometrics and Insight, so there is intra-agency management required.
Working on these accounts will give you the opportunity to work with and learn from and help develop some of the most dynamic and talented people at MediaCom, from a variety of departments.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Associate Director.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The work: DFS and Army are both going through a business transformation and we have the opportunity to support them in this journey
- The team: we are a group who want to work for each other and produce brilliant work, leveraging our position of extension to the clients’ marketing team
- The client: this role includes significant exposure to a client group who are knowledgeable, keen to add more innovation to their media plans
What are the measures of success?
- Established yourself as a trusted advisor for your clients, who can be relied upon to manage campaigns from brief to execution and reporting
- Embedded yourself in the team, and become a ‘go-to’ in planning for your accounts
- Engaged the wider agency
- Produced exceptional planning work that we would look to enter at a future industry awards
- Recognised as a go-to source of inspiration in the team and wider agency
- Ensured strong MediaCom culture in your team – great planners with clear goals, objectives, and development plan
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Onboarded fully on to the accounts and met all the key stakeholders
- Built strong relationships with key clients and wider team
- Worked closely with the AM to lead a campaign brief
What will you need?
- A thirst for learning about technology, trends, media, people, brands and the industry
- An ambition and tenacity to make the ordinary extraordinary
- An ability to spot the real issue behind the brief – knowing how to challenge the client to understand what they really need
- Data-literacy – aware of the available resources and how to turn reams of data into insights that shape clear strategic opportunities
- Knowledge of the nuts and bolts of media well enough to be able to develop a top-line media plan and judge a detailed one
- Attention to detail
- Good storytelling skills – to give our ideas and thinking the best chance of coming to fruition
- Team management skills, including the ability to delegate up and down, identify team pressures and people related issues.
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent presentation skills both internally and to the client
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTe[email protected].