SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
The role of Digital Investment Account Manager is to assist the Account Director in the day to day running of the team, as well as directly managing some of the larger clients within the group / team. . They must be able to take and distil client briefs, working with their colleagues in the Planning Team to develop high calibre responses to briefs
As well as on a personal level demonstrating leadership, the Digital Investment Manager should also demonstrate an increasing, outward passion to learn, both within the direct field of which the operate, but also across different media channels and touch points, so they have a view of the role of different media types, including their own, within customer journeys.
PLANNING & OUTPUTS
Being able to demonstrate a highly detailed and attuned understanding of the of the different forms of Digital Media, across different buying platforms, data sources, formats, inventory types & buying routes, and how these apply to a communications planning framework.
- Understanding of formats & KPIs, in a nuanced and deep manner, such as overlaid KPIs, as they apply themselves most appropriately to given media communications objectives within a brief
- In conjunction or parallel with the above, ability to apply data sets appropriately to briefs, including those made available via a DMP or CDP
- Competency in some of the tools, relevant to the role as housed within the team ‘Toolkit’, such as, but not limited to Campaign Manager, Ad-Verification Platforms (DV & IAS), Radar, Google Analytics, the DV360 planning tools and the Think with Google Toolkit
- Tied to the above, the ability to incorporate current and historic measurement from multi micro and macro sources, as appropriate - inclusive of not limited to – path to conversion reporting, DDA, various reach reports, verification reports. Using data, beyond the standard reports which are available within Campaign Manager, into schedules / plans.
- Actively and demonstrably sharing knowledge both within teams and externally in relation to how the Digital Advertising market is evolving and the relevancy of that to our clients, of which various platforms exist to support.
- Autonomously manage larger client campaigns across a variety of verticals and media objectives.
- Ensure there are clear test & learn plans in place on clients, so the client campaigns, where they are continuous or concurrent, iterate and evolve.
- Tied to the above, seek to identify relevant new opportunities for these clients to test, in order to grow the clients use of Online advertising
- Develop and maintaining strong relationships with partners across media, data, technology, which benefit your knowledge development, but also ultimately that of the clients you work on
as you seek to bring new opportunities to your clients
- Support your Associate Director on new business, as requested.
- Production of case studies to support your Associate Director, in the pursuit of MediaComs ambition to be ‘famous for Digital’
CAMPAIGN SET UP & ACTIVATION
Manage and oversee the trafficking, QA, optimisation processes for your clients, utilising resource within team to ensure:
- The tech team set up new advertisers, where relevant
- Clients / creative agencies / internal services are clearly briefed on creative requirements, and this is then checked for accuracy / working functionality
- Mediaplans within Prisma to send to the tech team for trafficking, are produced accurately and meet optimisation and reporting requirements, tied to structure, naming, volume
- Creative tags where possible are wrapped with ad-verification tags, and the given settings meet the clients brand safety requirements
- Campaigns are executed accurately in totality, and this communicated with your Planning & Management colleagues.
- Ability to run advanced reports from Campaign Manager, the respective ad-verification and aggregation platforms, and additional sources, for the purposes of weekly client reporting.
- An ability to interpret data in relation to a clients campaign objectives, the media objective, and subsequent KPIs, an in turn make recommendation / take action from these
- Production of insightful commentary to support weekly reporting, as a subsequence of the above.
- Independent resolution of the majority of delivery or performance issues with our partners
Manage and oversee the finance processes for your clients, utilising resource within team to ensure:
- Receipt of approved schedules in a compliant manner
- Creating campaigns within Prisma
- Placing bookings via Prisma
- Reconciliation templates are correctly populated, and media is accurately reconciled within Prisma
- Checking draft invoices, and then distributing drafts invoices and reconciliations to our planning & management colleagues
- Ensuring any disputes with media owners are resolved prior to the invoices running live
Working in conjunction with your Associate Director and Digital Investment Director to:
- Ensure there is a clear approach to planning, measuring and optimising campaigns at a media communications objective level. The level of depth being able to differ subject to the client in relation to set up & KPIs
- Ensure ubiquitous / universal team collateral stays current
- Input into forecasting exercises / rounds, as balance offer differing product and commercial requirements
- As requested, work in conjunction with your Associate Director and Digital Investment Director, to input and participate in any in-team product iterations / developments
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
- Strong communication skills – listening, written, verbal
- Detail orientated with strong analytical skills
- Excellent organisation and problem solving
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi task.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and passion about what we do
- Demonstrable interest in your clients businesses and their respective market
- Immaculate interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and partners
- A willingness to learn and develop at both a personal and progression level, with the support of your colleagues, but also the MediaCom Open door training and development programmes