Global Account Lead - adidas/Reebok
Global Client Lead - adidas / Reebok
Are you passionate about sport? If so, come and lead the global adidas and Reebok business for MediaCom!
About the Role
MediaCom won the adidas and Reebok business in 2018 and we are looking for a visonary and transformative person to lead the business across c.57 markets.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work across two very distinctive brands that straddle the sport & fashion worlds!
Through sport adidas have the power to change lives. With its “Creating the New” business strategy, it has seen an unparalleled trajectory in the sector. The brand is both a reflection of its past and the driver of its future.
Reebok has made some of the most recognisable sports shoes in the world and crossed into the world of style with its classics range. Reebok is now positioned as a brand steeped in fitness: Be More Human.
Your role will be to act as the conduit between MediaCom and the brands. To be the advocate of all things adidas and Reebok and help them on a journey of harnessing content, simplifying the complex and finding the optimum balance of traditional brand advertising and new world digital and eCommerce.
- Have ultimate responsibility for the direction of adidas and Reebok's media output across the world. Being responsible for the successful collaboration of the team who in turn are responsible for delivery of the scope of work and operational delivery across adidas and Reebok.
- Create ground-breaking, best in class account leadership and growth strategies for both brands.
- Ensure that central strategies and ideation lands at a local level in line with market nuances.
- Guide the ever evolving media mix to ensure both brands' media spend is effectively managed for maximum ROI and brand effectiveness.
- Drive the eCommerce agenda for both brands, finding the right balance between traditional brand led advertising and digital.
- Continue to deliver strong eCommerce solutions, scaling best practice growth across markets.
- Continue to build "trusted advisor" relationships with the most senior stakeholders across both brands.
- Ensure local markets are joined up in their approach and are delivering best in class media activation, in line with central strategy.
- Translate data-driven insight into growth opportunities, recommendations and actions.
- Build relationships across internal teams especially the digital execution and global digital, data and tech teams
We are looking for a seasoned, global client leader who has a genuine passion for sports, fashion and youth brands. Someone who has the appetite, drive and emotional intelligence to be able to confidently and effectively lead these accounts at a global level. Someone who is able to simplify complexity, define operational excellence, build a culture of thought leadership and most of all have a proven history in growing client business through robust, targeted and integrated media KPIs.
The Global Client Lead will bring credibility to this role in terms of their technical and operational knowledge including: strategic skills, media channel strategy, account performance and optimisation; networking and collaboration skills, client management and interpersonal skills, people management and communication skills, accuracy of financial management and reporting.
We are looking for someone with the following expertise and experience:
- Be fully conversant with cross-channel media and able to think across the whole media mix.
- Have excellent knowledge of eCommerce and understand the balance between eCommerce and brand.
- Be an active ambassador in the sports, fitness and lifestyle space.
- Have demonstrable experience of running large pieces of business across either a regional or global remit.
- Have deep understanding of the US, China and Western European markets and in leading media operations in each.
- Be a confident interpreter of data and insight.
- Have exceptional client relationship building skills as well as being able to lead multiple internal stakeholders at all levels, across multiple disciplines.
- Evidence how you have used tech and data to inform media strategies that advance client perform.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.