SEO Account Director
GroupM recently merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
The SEO Account Director’s role is to lead and manage their accounts. They are directly responsible for the SEO strategy, performance, financial management, and delivery of all SEO work. A key part of the role is to deliver world-class client service to maintain and improve the strength of the relationship with our brands.
To inspire and motivate all members of their account team and other colleagues, demonstrating skills, knowledge, and abilities in account management.
To have a proven track record in organic search and a good understanding of general digital marketing, supported by an understanding of campaign and digital content marketing.
- Help Wavemaker to realise its ambition to be its clients’ most trusted and valued business partner.
- Highly confident and articulate account lead and lynchpin with ultimate responsibility for their accounts day-to-day running.
- Create content strategies, implementation plans and campaign results to meet client’s business objectives and KPIs to maximise ROI.
- Proactively lead innovative digital content solutions and build fantastic working relationships with colleagues in other disciplines within the agency, including paid channels, to ensure an integrated approach to client work and marketing campaigns.
- Develop the SEO account team and pro-actively lead strategic direction of the account, operational excellence, client service and providing quality control and sound judgement for the account team.
- Solid risk and financial management and commercially astute; developing new business opportunities, and existing account growth.
- Defining the overall SEO strategy for clients and ensuring delivery against KPIs
- Achievement of specific goals set in appraisals
- First class client satisfaction via formal and informal feedback.
- Effective management of accounts, financial processes and profitability.
- Effectively growing new commercial opportunities and leading new business opportunities.
- Development of team - including training and development, setting objectives and monitoring performance
- Accurate and timely supply of requested work.
- Benchmarking and measuring performance against defined KPIs
- Team satisfaction via 360º and informal feedback.
- Winning awards for client work under your responsibility.
- Involvement in new business and PR of new wins and campaigns.
- Make an active contribution to the development, growth and success of the account team and Wavemaker.
- Lead by example with time keeping, administration and billing.
- Excellent digital content and SEO knowledge
- Experience with SEO tools such as Majestic SEO, Screamingfrog, ahrefs, MOZ and Google Search Console.
- Knowledge of enterprise SEO suites such as Search Metrics, Linkdex and Hitwise.
- Commercially aware and proven track record of business development.
- Deep understanding of the digital content and SEO marketplace, relevant tools, techniques and risk management.
- Strong technical optimisation and auditing capabilities – including migrations.
- Experience with planning and execution of link acquisition and outreach strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for outstanding client service.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Workflow management, delegation and prioritisation.
- Positive, dynamic and motivational management skills.
- Sound financial awareness, including processes and budget control.
- Strategic thinking including analytical skills, evaluation of key trends and client results data.
- Desired experience/skills but not essential; degree 2:1 or higher and experience of activating other digital marketing and/or through-the line channels. Second language skills are also desirable.
- Top 5 agency in the UK
- Offices in 84 countries and 4,500 employees globally
- A founding partner of GroupM
- Over 460 staff across Manchester and London offices
- Winner of SEO/PPC Agency of the year, and content marketing agency of the year 2017 at the Northern Digital Awards
- Free Gym Membership
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness cover
- Thrive fund – An individual budget to do something inspirational
- Smarter working
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible fund available for other benefits such as childcare, cycle to work, buying and selling holidays
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.