Account Manager, Paid Search
Account Manager, Paid Search
Job title: Account Manager, Paid Search
Group: FAST Worldwide Paid Search
Reports to: Partner, Search and Social
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefiting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength. We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and Social channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain two individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations, and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Search team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Search campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Mindshare Key Values:
- SPEED: You will be expected to identify and action innovative opportunities to optimise client performance in real time within the fast-paced digital ecosystem.
- TEAMWORK: You should build your client’s and client leadership team’s trust and confidence by guiding them through Search best practices actively listening and responding to their queries and concerns.
- PROVOCATION: The ideal candidate should curious and courageous pushing themselves outside their comfort zone in order to improve their development and performance, as well as take entrepreneurial calculated risks to act on opportunities that lead to significant gains for the business.
Being a global team, the Mindshare Worldwide FAST Paid Search team offer two types of service to our clients, Execution and Governance. Execution services involve the day to day campaign management of our clients’ accounts, whereas the Governance aspect is a consultancy service to ensure global strategies are applied and campaigns are executed in line with best practice within our local teams.
The Governance team is growing rapidly, so we are looking for a highly organised Paid Search specialist to join us drive performance on the global FMCG client, Unilever.
Working within the Paid Search team they will be integral to the delivery of global Paid Search strategies, ensuring local markets execute campaigns in line with global best practice principles, whilst implementing best in class optimisations. The role requires someone with excellent Paid Search knowledge combined with strong organisational and communication skills, as you will need to be able to monitor updates and changes in performance across multiple markets.
The ideal candidate will be expected to use their own initiative to manage the three core areas of this workstream: Strategy rollout, Governance and Communication.
- Build strong relationships with Paid Search teams in local Mindshare offices around the world
- Organise and lead calls to help communicate global strategies to local markets, both Mindshare and client
- Respond to local market queries in relation to the strategy
- Monitor markets activity and provide support to ensure they are implementing the strategy
- Work with local markets to ensure the global strategy is being implemented, or identify barriers
- Oversee and lead the local market analysis in terms of Search sophistication and Search execution best practice adoption
- Review performance, providing actionable insights and recommendations for delivering efficiencies
- Proactively work with markets to resolve issues on a practitioner level
- Flag any issues to the Account Director regarding markets ability/barriers to implement best practice
- Create and maintain playbooks on core optimisation techniques and features, plus share developments and updates
- Support local Mindshare markets in creating case studies to showcase results
- Make full use of the technology available, ensuring markets are aware of processes and practices that maximize operational efficiencies
- Create and lead the execution of development and testing plans for local Mindshare markets
- Ensure the local implementation of a defined global naming convention
- Prepare presentations and lead conference calls plus face to face meetings
- Have regular communication with local Mindshare teams, building a strong working relationship
- Gain knowledge and understanding of each market in their live activity, constraints and progress
- Keep Unilever Brand Managers updated on their portfolio of brands performance and progress
- Ensure the monthly report has actionable insight
- Lead monthly regional cluster calls to discuss progress, showcase case studies and resolve issues
- Lead (with the Account Director) regular client meetings preparing material and presenting on performance and account actions
- Delegate and manage workloads across the team
- Establish a clear approach to the management and development of junior team members
- Contribute to and managing personal development plans,
- Identify areas where junior team members need training and support
- Arrange and attend relevant training to progress your own, and the team’s knowledge and capability
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and applying these to your clients where relevant
- Support the education of client teams on the benefits and purpose of Paid Search
Key skills & knowledge:
The role requires someone with excellent Paid Search knowledge and executional expertise combined with strong organisational and communication skills, as you will need to be able to monitor updates and changes in performance across multiple markets.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional paid search experience ideally managing global search clients
- Experience supporting, developing and mentoring junior team members
- Comprehensive knowledge of paid search best practices for campaign management
- An expert in using audiences to optimise paid search campaigns
- Proficient in using advance features available within search management platforms
- An understanding of search measurement capabilities
- Able to devise a testing approach delivering statistically significant results and insight
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytically minded with good attention to detail, able to identify trends in large data sets
- Logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Language skills desirable
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.