Platform Director - Brand Digital - WM Select
Job Title: Platform Director - Digital
Reporting to: Platform Lead
Key reports: Platform Manager
WM Select was created to provide better focus and leadership to grow potential clients outside of our top 10, and to strengthen our position and credibility in the market for mid-level pitches.
WM Select operates as an agency within an agency. We’re currently a team of around 40 (growing rapidly) who work across 30 clients covering a broad range of categories, offering an end to end service for our clients who prefer a more boutique agency feel. We can offer the best of both worlds; a truly bespoke service to our clients, but with all the support, tools, specialisms, and trading power from the wider agency. Since launch we’ve seen huge success. We have won 5 new clients (Monsanto, Pfizer, Godiva and Ecover/Method, Audemars Piguet) as well as expanded our remit into social engagement. We have delivered significant levels of incremental revenue from additional projects and services, and we have created award winning work, winning 4 industry awards been shortlisted for many more!
WM Select Clients:
TIFFANY, Audermars Piguet, Godiva, Helly Hanson, Evergreen, Aston Martin and Hungarian Tourist Board
We have a close working relationship with our clients and are highly valued as an extension of their marketing teams.
The client portfolio presents exciting opportunities for us to develop media strategy and explore a variety of creative opportunities to best fulfil brief requirements. We pride ourselves on the level of service and innovation we bring, across varied budgets, objectives, and audiences.
In recent years, Display has become a greater area of focus across each client. Our activity covers both ensuring established products can grow, as well as launching brand new products.
Working across all digital media channels (Display, Paid Search, Paid Social and Digital Partnerships). Responsible for translating digital strategy into action plans to deliver best in market, data driven and effective integrated digital media campaigns. Account manage the specialist Planner Buyers to ensure the team is focused on the numbers and that there is gold standard account set-up and optimisation.
- Key day-to-day and first point of contact point for clients of equivalent level regarding digital media campaigns whether activity is in planning, live or post campaign.
- The conduit between those clients & Specialist Planner Buyers
Strategy & Planning:
- Responsible for taking brief and working with specialist teams to create media plans and rationale documents that deliver on clients’ objectives
- Create measurable forecasts and projections and actively challenge legacy measurement techniques
- Ensure that the appropriate technology and data is available to track performance against core KPI’s across all digital media channels
- Ensure the digital channel approaches follow best practice set out by Specialist Leads (Search, Social, Display, Partnerships), are in line with overall strategy and are deliverable and commercially viable
- Present cross channel digital plans to clients and lead digital reporting calls
- Manage feedback and amends along with wider planning teams
- Work with the Platform Lead, specialist teams, media partners and the client to create at least two pieces of ‘award winning’ work each quarter
Campaign Management & Performance
- Quality control the output of the specialist Planner Buyers on a week by week basis
- Agree reporting schedule and templates with clients and internal teams in advance of a campaign launching. Ensure schedule is adhered to throughout the campaign lifecycle
- Work with the specialist Planner Buyers to deliver end of campaign report with analysis that covers all digital media channels, optimisation recommendations and next steps
- Track and reconcile spend across all digital media channels
- Work with the specialist teams to ensure every account has a clear 30/60/90 optimisation schedule which delivers against the target objectives
- Ensure specialists are focused on delivering against the target KPI’s and are therefore spending the majority of their time on optimisation and account set-up.
- Chair weekly meetings to review client performance against targets and to review 30/60/90 day optimisation plans.
- Ensure team members are conducting daily visibility and budget checks and tracking actions for monthly and quarterly reviews.
- Ensure paid search, paid social & display accounts pass quarterly audit scores.
- Responsible for ensuring specialist Planner Buyers complete digital reconciliation & SOX compliance for all campaigns in line with agency process
- Deliver campaigns that meet digital PRF requirements outlined in client contracts
- Work with Platform Lead to deliver audit requirements where relevant
- Plan campaigns within trading and investment guidelines set by the Platform Lead and Commercial Team
- Lead and line manage specialist Planner Buyers ensuring they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to the clients’ digital media strategy
- Responsible for development of planner buyers within the team with support from Specialist Leads
- Identify specialist training and develop needs of their Planner Buyers and work with the Specialist Leads to facilitate
- Escalate any incidents (positive & negative) with Digital Planner Buyers to Platform Lead and Specialist Leads
- Ensure all members of the team are adequately qualified: Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Facebook and Twitter
Innovation & Collaboration
- Work with specialist leads and media owners to identify new products and features our clients should be testing
- Aim to get key clients in your group on to at least three Google and Facebook Betas each year
- Produce case studies with media owners such as Oath, Google, Facebook
- Work with your specialists and specialist leads to produce case studies each quarter which will be shared with clients, WAVEMAKER and may be published within trade press.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners, especially Xaxis and vertical specialist teams at Google, Facebook and Twitter
- Regularly review account performance with media owners – ideally once a month, along with a quarterly business review.
Technical Skills & Experience
- A solid background in digital media is essential, with extensive activation experience of display, paid search or paid social being at the core of this.
- Facebook Blueprint, Twitter Flight School & Google AdWords qualified
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of using DCM (both trafficking and reporting) and other digital ad servers
- Experience of using Metis/Prisma (not essential), and strong working knowledge of eTelmar, Addynamix & Comscore
- Proficient use of search and social technology. Such as DoubleClick Search, Facebook Business Manager, Marin, Kenshoo, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of display auditing, programmatic & IO buying.
- Strong presentation skills and a high level of articulation are required
- Expert Excel knowledge. Advanced Excel training completed. Must know how to use Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and web queries.
- Experience with using analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
- Relevant / transferable client leadership experience
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.