Data Scientist (Manager)
The Data Innovation team sits within a core cross-client, cross-functional department that brings together all Wavemaker technology, data and platform capabilities under one unit: Wavemaker Precision.
Wavemaker Precision is one of the largest departments in Wavemaker, bringing together nearly 180 experts in precision planning, marketing technology, analytics, data strategy, programmatic, social media, paid search, organic performance and ecommerce.
The core responsibilities of the Data Innovation team are as follows:
• Identify and translate insights from data into effective company/client products and services
• Work across a range of internal teams to support innovation and product creation
• Harness innovation within Wavemaker, enable internal sparks of innovation and solve business challenges via the use of data analysis, manipulation and visualisation
• Grow and promote Wavemakers modelling capability across the Precision department – from statistical modelling to machine learning and artificial intelligence
The Data Scientist’s role can broadly be split into two key areas of responsibility:
Firstly, you will use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems and create new products that enhance the experience for the agency and our clients. Utilise your skills in both technology and data science to conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts.
Secondly, you will be acting as a business consultant and an expert on data science topics across the whole agency. You will take your learnings from data and translate your observations to shared knowledge across technical and business teams, contribute to strategy on how to solve core business problems.
• Excellent critical-thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Strong understanding of statistics and how to apply them to (online) marketing
• Proven experiences in carrying out research, data mining and experimentation
• Strong communicator, able to distil complex and articulate clearly to a range of stakeholders – both technical and business.
• Passion for learning new technology
• Thrive in a dynamic and changing environment, be highly organised and able to prioritise effectively.
• Hold a degree or demonstrate background in a subject related to Data Science (mathematics, computer science, etc); be numerate, data savvy and have demonstrated a thorough and methodical approach to problem solving in your career to date
• Experience with Python or R
• Exposure to API design
• Prior experience in data science and experimentation
• Good statistical background, awareness of testing methodologies and real life applications of testing
• Advanced understanding of digital advertising and associated technological principles (e.g. ad serving, tagging, web analytics (GA), attribution, etc.)
• Appreciation of data visualization tools such as ggplot, d3.js and Matplottlib, and Tableau
• Experience with SQL and/or Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
• Understanding of machine learning techniques such as supervised machine learning, decision trees, logistic regression etc.
• Experience of working in a data-related market (e.g. analytics, business intelligence, big data)
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.