In 2018 GroupM merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience Behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
The Account Manager sits within our Journey Delivery function, and helps ensure that every step taken throughout the Purchase Journey on behalf of the client by the Wavemaker team is maximized for effectiveness and efficiency. This will be the entry point into Journey Delivery and you will get to experience and learn a broad set of skills across both Journey Design and Journey Activation functions. You will learn to become the glue between these two functions.
The Account Manager’s role can broadly be split into two key areas of responsibility:
Firstly, you will work with the AD to ensure operational excellence across the client’s business. This means efficiently working with the Journey Design and Journey Activation teams to create and sustain excellent ways of working within the team. You will support the AD to ensure that everyone internally involved in deploying the approved Journey Design, knows what needs to be done, by when, and to what budget, providing regular status reports and contact reports to clients, and managing budgeting and finance on behalf of the team.
Secondly, you will be the externally facing contact at a junior level, leaning in to both equivalent-level clients (e.g. brand managers) and their other partners (creative agencies, tech partners etc.), maintaining efficient workings of the account to ensure all relevant details are reported, shared, and explained.
Where appropriate, you may also be required to support the AD in training and developing any Account Executives in the team.
You will be working on Henkel across both their Beauty and Laundry & Home care (L&HC) business units. The Beauty Marketing team look after the brands Live Colour, Color Expert, Got2b and Right Guard. On the L&HC side of the business, the brands we support are Bloo, Dylon Dyes, Colour Catcher, Oust Limescale remover and Jeyes cleaner.
We have weekly face-to-face meetings with both client teams and as such have developed a close-working relationship with the Marketing teams; so that they see us as their partner in delivering robust media campaigns across both on and offline channels.
Although Henkel will be your key client, there will also be an exciting opportunity to work on a secondary client within the Government team. The combination of these two clients will provide an excellent opportunity not just to utilise Account Management skills, but also Strategic Planning too.
- Work closely with Journey Design and Activation to ensure the day to day is run efficiently and effectively – by organizing weekly status meetings, sending follow up notes and follow up with specialist teams to ensure all actions are delivered as expected.
- Be a direct support to any Account Executive’s in the client team, ensuring their workload is delivered efficiently and accurately, and supporting the AD on their personal development
- Be responsible for, and monitor, the process of deploying the Purchase Journey from the point at which the investment is signed off by the client, and it is briefed to Journey Activation by Journey Design for buying and optimization e.g. help writing activation briefs, quality check media plans received by Activation, coordinate the sharing of information between Wavemaker, the client and creative agencies, coordinate reports and PCA.
- Be the owner and champion of the client’s media plan reporting tool (Media City), ensuring accurate and timely update of the data as per agreed time frames (training will be provided). Support AE in the use of the tool, by providing guidance and monitoring the regularity of the updates
- Ownership of the client’s media schematic, by promptly updating the document when briefs are received, activities amended/removed and so on. This is a key document that gets shared with senior clients and therefore requires high levels of attention to details and thoroughness.
- Be responsible for managing all regular competitive reports for the client (previous use of Addynamix is required), which will be compiled by the AE, as well as audience analysis (e.g. previous experience with TGI/E-Telmar is required) and insight development to inform planning
- Collaborate openly and effectively with all other functions within the integrated client team to ensure that the Purchase Journey is deployed perfectly, by everyone involved
- Ensure financial management processes are excellent at all times – check POs and maintain an accurate PO tracker, ensure monthly billing is sent to client within the agreed timeframes and proactively help the client/our finance team to resolve issues of a financial nature by facilitating the communication between teams and by providing the supporting documentation (e.g. signed media plans, PO number and PO values etc)
Client and Agency Partner liaison
- Build strong client relationships at the appropriate level
- Be the first point of contact for activity in market, with accurate and detailed knowledge of the real time status of activity, liaising closely with Journey Activation
- Know when to loop back in with Journey Design, where clients require a measurable change to the agreed Journey Design (e.g. budget change, significant amendment to timing/phasing, audience change etc.)
- Man-mark appropriate level clients and adeptly learn their business and ways of working
- Develop confidence in discussing and managing all potential comms touchpoints across the purchase journey, whether media, content, data or technology
- Able to articulate to clients the key deliverables around their campaigns when they require it
- Understand specific Journey KPIs and be able to articulate the status against them
- Meet regularly with media owners, data suppliers, tech and analytics partners, creative agencies and other client/agency stakeholders etc. to build knowledge and understanding of how purchase journey solutions can be enhanced for clients.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.