Platform Director - PPC
In 2018 GroupM merged two of its leading global networks, MEC and Maxus, to form a brand new media, content and technology agency – one of the largest in the world. WAVEMAKER exists to be Future Makers: to build brands that pioneer the future, inspire society and move customers to action. What started with a blank page and a fresh perspective has resulted in building an agency of future.
Bound together by our Purchase Journey approach, we help clients translate audience behaviours and insights into smart decisions today, for a prosperous tomorrow. Our organizational capabilities and specialisms, along with the talents of our 8,500 people are united through our focus on understanding, accelerating and optimizing purchase journeys. Our obsession with purchase journeys is apparent in the solutions we create for clients, in how we structure ourselves and in the job roles our people perform. So a job a WAVEMAKER may not sound like a job at any other agency, and that’s because it isn’t.
Our people are encouraged to become the best versions of themselves and share the values and behaviours of what we refer to as PACED - passionate, agile, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and diverse. With our combined global heritage coming together to create something new; our people are the brains, the data experts and the thinkers of the GroupM family.
WAVEMAKER is a leader in its field. We’re in front of transformation, making waves by making bold choices. It means the impact of our choices today creates momentum into the future.
Our vision is simple: To become the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
The future is not only coming, it’s now.
Works across PPC and responsible for translating Search strategy into action plans to deliver best in market, data driven and effective integrated digital media campaigns. Account manage the specialist Planner Buyers to ensure the team is focused on the numbers and that there is gold standard account set-up and optimization.
- Client Servicing:
- Key day-to-day and first point of contact point for clients of equivalent level regarding digital media campaigns whether activity is in planning, live or post campaign.
- The conduit between those clients & Specialist Planner Buyers
- Strategy & Planning:
- Responsible for taking briefs and working with your performance activation team and platform specialists as required, to create media plans and rationale documents that deliver on clients’ objectives
- Create measurable forecasts and projections and actively challenge legacy measurement techniques.
- Ensure that the appropriate technology and data is available to track performance against core KPI’s across all digital media channels
- Ensure the digital channel approaches follow best practice, (Search, Social, Display, Partnerships), are in line with overall strategy and are deliverable and commercially viable
- Present cross channel digital plans to clients and lead digital reporting calls
- Manage feedback and amends along with wider planning teams
- Work with the performance lead and media partners and the client to create at least two pieces of ‘award winning’ work each quarter
- Campaign Management & Performance
- Quality control the output of the performance journey activation team on a week by week basis
- Agree reporting schedule and templates with clients and internal teams in advance of a campaign launching. Ensure schedule is adhered to throughout the campaign lifecycle
- With your performance activation team deliver end of campaign report with analysis that covers all digital media channels, optimisation recommendations and next steps
- Track and reconcile spend across all digital media channels
- Ensure every account has a clear 30/60/90 optimisation schedule which delivers against the target objectives
- Responsible for ensuring a focus on delivering against the target KPI’s and the team are spending most their time on optimisation and account set-up.
- Chair weekly meetings to review client performance against targets and to review 30/60/90 day optimisation plans.
- Ensure team members are conducting daily visibility and budget checks and tracking actions for monthly and quarterly reviews.
- Ensure paid search, paid social & display accounts pass quarterly audit scores.
- Responsible for ensuring everyone in the team completes digital reconciliation & SOX compliance for all campaigns in line with agency process
- Deliver campaigns that meet digital PRF requirements outlined in client contracts
- Work with Performance Lead and Precision Leads as necessary to deliver audit requirements where relevant
- Plan campaigns within trading and investment guidelines set by the Commercial Team
- Team Management
- Lead and line manage your direct reports in performance journey activation, ensuring they deliver work on time and to a high standard that is aligned to the clients’ digital media strategy
- Responsible for development of the team with support from Performance Lead and Precsion Leads
- Identify specialist training and develop needs of the team and work with Performance Leads and specialist leads to facilitate
- Escalate any incidents (positive & negative) with Performance Leads.
- Ensure all members of the team are adequately qualified
- Innovation & Collaboration
- Work with media owners to identify new products and features our clients should be testing
- Aim to get key clients in your group on to at least three Google and Facebook Betas each year
- Produce case studies with media owners such as AOL, Google, Facebook
- Work with your team and specialist leads to produce case studies each quarter which will be shared with clients, WAVEMAKER and may be published within trade press.
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media owners, especially Xaxis and vertical specialist teams at Google, Facebook and Twitter
- Regularly review account performance with media owners – ideally once a month, along with a quarterly business review.
- Technical Skills & Experience
- A solid background in digital media is essential, with extensive activation experience of display, paid social and ideally paid search being at the core of this.
- Facebook Blueprint, Twitter Flight School & Google AdWords qualified
- Extensive knowledge of and experience of using DCM (both trafficking and reporting) and other digital ad servers
- Experience of using Metis/Prisma (not essential), and strong working knowledge of eTelmar, Addynamix & Comscore
- Proficient use of programmatic and social technology, paid search is also preferable. i.e Qauntcast, Media IQ, AppNexus, DoubleClick Search, Facebook Business Manager, Marin etc
- Excellent knowledge of display auditing, programmatic & IO buying.
- Strong presentation skills and a high level of articulation are required
- Expert Excel knowledge. Advanced Excel training completed. Must know how to use Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and web queries.
- Experience with using analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Adobe, etc.
- Relevant / transferable client leadership experience
Other Responsibilities or Expectations:
- The ideal candidate will have a positive, pragmatic, and collaborative attitude, open to new ideas and an enthusiasm to continuously learn and develop themselves and others around them.
- Active contribution to new business pitches
- Presentation of good work / case studies in department meetings
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.