Business Director, Business Analyst
Business Director, Business Analyst
Job title: Business Director, Business Analyst
Group: Mindshare Worldwide, London
Reports to: Partner, WW Measurement & Reporting
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength. We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$24 billion (source: COMvergence) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Discrimination, oppression and inequities towards people of different race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, abilities, age or any other differences, are unacceptable and have no place in the world or amongst our Mindshare family. We strive for an environment where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, has equal access to opportunities and resources, whose voice is heard and who can contribute to the organisation’s success.
We are looking for someone to help champion digital measurement within Mindshare Worldwide. Someone with experience in, and passion for, data, measurement and reporting who wants to work with some of the biggest brands in the world, such as Booking.com, Rolex, Dyson and American Express.
The role is a blend of consultancy and technical, and requires a solid understanding of the practical realities of what it takes to specify, build and manage globally scalable reporting solutions.
The mission statement for the team is to put quality data, in a timely fashion, into the hands of people who can take informed action
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Working with clients and internal teams, both in London and in offices around the world, to champion robust measurement and reporting
- Manage a measurement and reporting sub-team
- Work with Mindshare client teams and clients to gather requirements, design and implement central product and client specific data management and interactive reporting solutions
- Support ad hoc import, cleanse, transform and upload (ETL) tasks of source data into the various client marketing spend and performance data reports – including both recommending and as appropriate implementing automation of this process.
- Helping clients to organise and align data across platforms, brands, categories and countries so that reporting can be scaled, and measures can be aggregated and compared.
- Consult on and build dashboard reporting solutions using Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and Google Data Studio
- Manage Adverity implementations for client data collection
- Manage Adverity training for local Mindshare offices
- Ensure that the architectural principles and standards are maintained.
- Provide the best practices and guidelines for managing data of different levels of complexity
- Provide hands-on support for all data related activities within the M&R Team
- Establish and grow incremental revenue streams through measurement and reporting services
Experience & Knowledge
- Used and able to navigate digital buying and research platforms, for example, Google Campaign Manager, Sizmek, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, SA360
- An analytical mindset, able to approach issues and challenges from a variety of angles
- Highly numerate, with strong mathematical acumen
- Experience in working with a range of data tools for example, SQL, Tableau, Microsoft BI
- Advanced Excel user
- Able to deliver a broad range of data engagements in areas such as Data Architecture, Data Integration, Data Analytics, Data Lineage, Data Governance, Data Quality and BI Reporting
- Use of data profiling tools, ETL and data management tools
- Knowledge of Master Data Management solutions
- Understanding of data analysis techniques and how they can be applied in the marketing context beneficial
- Experience in data interpretation
- Self-starter and motivator with the ability to work in an autonomous fast paced environment
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new business environments
- The ability to achieve high quality results by paying attention to detail
- A proactive, “can do” attitude
- The ability to work on multiple tasks/projects, work under pressure and meet agreed deadlines
- A natural desire to share knowledge and teach others
- The ability to influence groups of people to gain consensus
- Knowledge of Advertising / Marketing / Media data
- Experience working with teams across multiple physical locations
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via [email protected].