SEO / Organic Performance Account Director
Job Title: SEO / Organic Performance Account Director
Reporting to: SEO Partner
Wavemaker is a billion dollar revenue agency that sits at the heart of GroupM and WPP. Our ambition is to be the most distinctive and admired media, content and technology agency in the world.
Wavemaker is a global network that operates locally in over 90 countries and 139 offices. We are aligned behind our purchase journey obsession, and we help our clients translate audience behaviours and insights in to smart decisions for today and tomorrow. Our commitment to our clients it to be the “Future Makers’. We demonstrate this in how we think, how we work and our relationship to technology and content to better serve their needs. We are leading the way in re-inventing the role of a media agency in the digital age, embracing media planning and buying, but fit for the modern marketing requirements of seamlessly connecting media, content and technology.
To do this, we attract experts from diverse backgrounds that can share in our vision for the future.
We believe in the essential relationship between the vitality of our 8,500 people and our commercial success. This can best be encapsulated in the values we uphold, and the way in which we demonstrate our commitment to them. We are Passionate, Agile, Collaborative, Entrepreneurial and Diverse (PACED)
With PACED as our backdrop, we require our people to be self-starters, with high standards. We know that ‘great teams still have star players’, and we expect everyone to bring their own uniqueness to the party and contribute their value with their own flair. We do not tolerate exclusion of team members and their ideas. We are here to make waves with our clients, and we can only do that as a collective.
Wavemaker Client Solutions are looking to add a new member to their team. We are looking for someone to support the SEO Partner in leading the SEO on our international clients, managing directly a growing team of 4 people as part of larger SEO team of around 45 within the UK.
Objectives of the role:
The successful candidate will support the senior client lead in SEO and be responsible for supporting the strategic direction, meeting all team deliverables and ensuring client’s expectations are exceeded. The candidate will:
- Directly managing a busy and growing international team of 4+ specialists focused on driving SEO performance for our international clients, as part of larger SEO team of ~45 within the UK.
- Highly commercially astute; developing new business opportunities, and existing account growth, alongside other WAVEMAKER departmental and wider agency objectives.
- Highly confident, influential and articulate team lead for our largest international SEO clients.
- Taking a hands-on approach where necessary to ensure the job is done.
- Responsible for client and team performance, including 100% retention of clients and supporting the SEO Partner in growing client / new business income.
- Investing and building fantastic working relationships with a range of other media disciplines (particularly Paid Performance and Social) to ensure an integrated approach to marketing campaigns.
- Lead the client team in their understanding of WAVEMAKER’S services and delivery.
- Management of team work-flows to deliver class-leading client service.
- Understand and proactively manage short, medium and long term objectives for WAVEMAKER’S clients.
- Responsible for the effective management of finance processes including:
- Ensuring all bookings are on the system correctly and on time.
- Reconciliations are completed on time.
- SOX compliance.
- Swift resolution of queries.
- Proactively manage the development of SEO account managers and execs in their client service skills.
- Create a stimulating and challenging working environment for team members.
- Responsible for management of time, productivity and well-being of team members, including establishing and managing regular status meetings to discuss issues, workloads and opportunities.
- Responsible for accuracy and quality of work being produced by your team in relation to clients under your supervision.
- Support the SEO Partner in managing and running the appraisal process for your team, ensuring all appraisals are conducted on time and SMART objectives are set.
- Provide dedicated support to your team’s career progression.
- Promote the SEO team within CS and participate in internal training, projects and new business.
- Understand the value of the SEO offering and work with other WM divisions within GroupM and its partners.
- Develop productive relationships with key internal departments and help develop new revenue opportunities through matching client needs to resources and facilitate introductions.
- Manage the briefing process and work flow of the specialist teams to ensure accurate and timely delivery of work. This will involve working with the specialist technical teams in the Manchester office.
- Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions in collaboration with other WAVEMAKER teams.
- Comfortable working within a matrix organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Passion for client service.
- Strong, influential presentation skills.
- Workflow management, delegation and prioritization.
- Positive, dynamic and motivational management skills.
- Strategic thinking including evaluation of key trends and client results data.
- Highly motivated to innovate and develop a world class proposition in organic search and content.
In order to deliver on the above, WAVEMAKER would require the candidate to possess:
- 4+ years within SEO related roles, including experience of management positions and team development.
- Highly experience in all aspects of SEO and supporting disciplines; including technical/on-site optimisation, off-site optimisation, PR, social media, web development, content creation, conversion rate optimisation, accessibility and usability.
Desired experience/skills but not essential
- Degree 2:1 or higher.
- European language skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience working within an agency.
- Experience and proven success in managing people.
- Experience of activating other digital marketing channels.
- Passionate – brings a genuine thrill and excitement to the role.
- Agile – is able to be nimble in thought and action and overcome obstacles to achieve great things.
- Collaborative – works well with others, and can align behind a shared purpose.
- Entrepreneurial – is open to new ideas, and will challenge old ones.
- Diverse – is proud of the difference they can bring.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
Wavemaker, SEA CONTAINERS, 18 UPPER GROUND, london, se1 9ET, united kingdom
Phone: -+44 (0)207 803 2000 www.wavemakerglobal.com A GroupM Company
Registered Office: Wavemaker Global Limited, Sea Containers, 18 Upper Ground, London SE1 9ET
Registered in England No. 4078556 VAT Reg. No. 512 5421 86
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.