Global Head of Partnerships - Trading
Global Head of Partnerships (Trading)
- Global Head of Partnerships, responsible for developing and implementing the GroupM global partnerships strategy with global publishers and ad tech partners.
- Based in London or New York with frequent global travel required
- The role reports to the Global CIO
- The creation and implementation of our key global partnership strategies with publishers and adtech vendors on behalf of GroupM and our clients. Liaison with the Global Trading team and Exco as well as local markets, our agencies, key clients and WPP to effectively implement this strategy. Our global partnership strategy is focused on creating maximum value for our clients and ensuring agency differentiation. Focus is on our top 15 global vendors with a global market remit. Key global vendors include Google, Facebook, Amazon, Snapchat, Twitter, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Verizon etc. We have a dedicated Global Managing Partner who manages adtech, so this role would be responsible for supervising that person as part of their role, as well as a Data Director who also supports the position.
- Consultancy of in market digital trading strategy including implementation of our global supply strategy – the GroupM trading approach to supply management and implementation - across key markets. This covers key partner selection including publishers and ad tech partners, pricing and agency differentiation initiatives, Xaxis and product support, quality and viewability targeting for delivery, compliance support including GDPR etc. Top 7 markets focus (not including USA, CHN, IND which will be managed by the Global head of Investment Strategy). Please note all local negotiations are managed in market, so this part of the role is around consultancy and sharing and driving best practice rather than hands on negotiation.
- Management of the GroupM Premium Supply (GPS) roll out including management of our Global Programmatic team (2 dedicated global directors). Top 10 markets focus with a “lean” in to our priority GPS markets (USA /CAN / IND / CHN / DE / FR / IT). In USA, CHN, IND, support will be provided by the Global head of Investment Strategy.
- Input into strategic overview of trading 2020 including programmatic, biddable, OTT, OLV and TV.
- Ad Hoc support for clients / local and regional publishers / markets and ad hoc engagement in special projects as needed. Global but typically EMEA focused.
- An experienced trader with regional or global markets expertise. The candidate will need to have presence and stature and strong people skills to be able to deal with both senior publishers, ad tech providers and clients as well work with senior staff internally.
- Strong interpersonal skills. An ability to manage “by influence” when dealing with our agencies and local markets, many of whom will have separate reporting lines. An ability to manage the senior staff who are direct reports.
- A thorough understanding and experience in all media channels including linear broadcast.
- Strong digital trading skills and acumen including programmatic and adtech understanding in particular. This will be key to enable effective delivery of the role.
- A strong strategic approach to be able to develop inspiring future focussed partnership strategies.
- A flexible and adaptable working approach in a constantly changing and evolving environment. An ability to identify new opportunities and take advantage of them for our agencies and clients.
- Strong professional ethics when approaching compliance and the management of substantial trading investments.
- A willingness to travel (typically at least 2 trips a month or more).
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $48B in annual media investment (COMvergence) through agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM creates competitive advantage for advertisers via its worldwide organization of media experts who deliver powerful insights on consumers and media platforms, trading expertise, market-leading brand-safe media, technology solutions, addressable TV, content, sports and more.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.