Digital Exchange Executive, Nike
Job level: Digital Exchange Assistant
Function: The Exchange
Reporting to: Exchange Manager
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
ROLE PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITY:
The Digital Exchange Assistant, is an entry-level digital media role in the team that manages the online display advertising program for Nike. The role includes supporting the Exchange Team on the activation of Nike EMEA online campaigns.
This position requires a high-energy, ambitious self-starter with a keen interest in embarking on a career in online media. You’ll need to work closely with the wider team in bringing together some world-class campaigns for one of the world’s most recognisable brands.
MINDSHARE WW AMSTERDAM STRUCTURE:
This is a unique role on a unique client. Based in Amsterdam and frequently working from Nike’s European Headquarters in Hilversum, this team is set up to serve Nike across EMEA. We are a team of multi-disciplined, multi-national, multi-lingual individuals. Since the majority of the team are ex-pats we have a tight team structure, so if you like working with a close-knit and energetic group of people then this could be the role for you. We have the culture of a boutique agency, backed by the global support network of Mindshare WW.
The team is fast-paced, quick thinking and passionate about the brand.
- Assisting the team in ensuring smooth campaign delivery, eventually managing your own plans and campaign activations.
- Reporting on campaigns across all Nike categories.
- Working with the Exchange Managers to manage finance and reconciliation across campaigns.
- Responsible for setting up and trafficking new campaigns.
- Working with Exchange managers on briefing vendors and partners. Building up a strong vendor knowledge of broad marketplace as well as local nuances.
TOOLS AND SYSTEMS:
- Over the first 3 months, you will be building knowledge on all our tools and systems, focused around digital operations. Training (both internal and external) will be provided for these;
- Verification and Brand Safety tools
- Programmatic ecosystem (DSPs & DMPs)
- Creative Management platforms
- Social Management Tools
- Web & Dashboarding
- Maintain regular contact with all of the key tech vendors and share updates with the wider team.
PASSION FOR WHAT WE DO
- Digital Landscape: Always wanting to stay ahead on industry trends & share them with the wider media team. A love for all things social media.
- A passion for sports: All sports are welcome at Nike – if you have a body, you are an athlete.
- Be International: Maintain + develop international knowledge and cultural curiosity. Language skills are ideal, good English is essential. Fluency in a second language is a bonus.
- Understand Youth: Know what’s in, what’s out and what’s next. Be able to make observations on behaviour and provide POV for Nike.
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Media Sciences, Journalism, Computer Science, Economics or similar required or experience in a media team lieu of.
- Some work experience in Online Media, either agency or client side is a bonus
- You must be able to write clearly and quickly, present your ideas in an organized and coherent manner.
- Analytically minded, comfortable working with large amounts of data in order to make actionable recommendations is required.
- Some understanding of the most common digital marketing tools (Adserving, DSPs, Social Management platforms…)
- Knowledge of footwear or apparel industry is preferred.
As one of the world’s largest media agencies, Mindshare has over 6,000 communications specialists in 82 countries around the world. We have been Nike’s core media partner for nearly 20 years and have Nike hub teams in Portland, Amsterdam, Shanghai and Singapore.