International - Media Manager - Dell
Department / Team
Business and Technology, EMEA
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare, and others. Within these companies we have the largest digital operations around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor.
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We are the Mediacom Business & Tech Digital team, servicing both centrally executed campaigns across the EMEA region as well as coordinating and providing strategic support to local teams working from local markets across Europe. We are a specialist division of MediaCom focused on both business-to-consumer and business-to-business technology clients. We have 30 staff based in London with additional resource in local teams based around Europe.
The team is comprised of a range of client managers, planners, buyers, ad ops and analysts, and has a heavy digital focus. We are relatively self-sufficient on that basis, and can deliver digital solutions from Search to Programmatic to Social. Clients within this division include Dell, Alienware, Symantec, Lexmark, Lebara, Sandisk and more. This team also provides B2B & Technology guidance for broader agency pitches and strategic advice to clients looking to extend beyond B2C targeting.
We are looking for the new Media Manager to come and join the Dell EMEA (covering Germany, France, Sweden etc.) team based in London. The right candidate will have a deep knowledge of digital media and of the role brand and consumer engagement plays in driving sales. The candidate should be able to develop media campaigns maximising cost effectiveness across the full of digital and offline media. This should be underpinned with a sound understanding of performance marketing.
Reporting into the Account Director, the Media Manager will be the main point of day-to-day contact for our clients and be responsible for harnessing the skills of the various digital and local activation teams to deliver maximum return on investment. There will be management responsibilities with a team consisting of a Senior Planner/Buyer, a Planner/Buyer and two Account Executives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly competent self-starter to take the next step by working with a highly advanced and digitally-savvy brand at one of the world’s biggest media agencies.
We want this person to lead day-to-day planning and buying as we look to grow our Dell B2C advertising programme significantly in the coming year. The right candidate will have a history of strong client & media owner relationships and a sound knowledge of digital implementation and an enthusiasm for sharing knowledge with junior team members.
More specifically the Media Manager will:
- Be the main day to day contact for the Marketing Managers within Dell EMEA
- Strategically dissect and question briefs.
- Work with the Associate director to plan and deploy the quarterly campaigns and deploy them
- Coordinate and collaborate with local MediaCom offices (Germany, France, Sweden etc.) to deliver the best possible solutions in line with client briefs.
- Manage the relationship between the activation teams and the planning team.
- Oversee the day to day activation and management of many of the digital display campaigns
- Oversee reporting and optimisation of campaigns, ensuring the PB and reporting teams are up to date and implementing this correctly and keeping clients up to date
- Lead conversations with key media-owners publishers/clients discussing current performance and future strategies
- Oversee the preparation of the appropriate parts of review presentations/PCAs for our clients and deliver these clearly and confidently
- Run client status meetings where necessary
- Manage the development and output of the planner buyer and oversee the progress of their exec.
- Work with the Digital Director to develop long term strategies and build out testing and innovation roadmaps.
- Actively work towards promoting best practice and efficiency gains in everything the team does.
- Oversee the team’s day-to-day delivery against their objectives.
Skills, Behaviours and Experience Required
- A true passion for digital media
- A demonstrated track record of managing challenging clients
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with digital brands planning and buying media campaigns
- Enthusiasm for learning about new media markets and channels.
- Commercially minded, understanding the practical delivery of services in line with client objectives, service level agreements and terms of business.
- Highly analytical with a honed ability to problem-solve
- Ability to hold their own and deliver insightful input in conversations with senior stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables & delegate effectively, whilst nurturing the development of team members
- Tenacious presenter with proved ability to sell in ideas when faced with a demanding audience.
- Strong attention to detail with a desire to improve processes and drive team efficiency
- Technically minded yet service-industry-suited with the potential to develop into client leadership and more advanced staff management roles
- Excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar; a strong communicator
More About Working for MediaCom: People First, Better Results
Here at MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare.
The MediaCom network comprises 4,600 people working in 113 offices in 89 countries and we are proud to call some of the world's most successful brands as clients, including P&G, DLG and Coca-Cola.
Despite our growth over the years we work hard at retaining our creative and inclusive approach and aspire to our five pillars in every aspect of their work: Creativity, New Business, Citizenship, Bravery and Loving our Clients.
We have our very own on-site bar, an events programme including BBQs and drinks on the rooftop terrace, sports and social clubs, a range of staff discounts and on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work.
Want to know more? Follow us on twitter @MediaComUK and find out more about our award winning work here: http://www.mediacom.co.uk/en/results.aspx
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.