Global Data Operations Manager
- GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies Maxus, MediaCom, MEC and MindShare.
- Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
- The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
The Role Objective
- Facilitate global the co-ordination of data operations
- Co-ordinate the access and pre-testing of digital data sources
- Work with the client teams, product teams, project mangement group to create regular status reports including risk assement
- Develop and implement a pretest and data verification process that can involve non technical stakeholders
Extract data from publisher API’s using an API management tool and load into testing tables using Azure SQL Services / Blob Containers
- Manage the ongoing compliance of data generated by client teams and support best practice in local market Adops and digital buying teams
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Undersatanding of digital media data and development team operations
- Proven track record of managing data in SQL
- Understanding of Azure and Microsoft O365 extended product set
- Power BI, Forms, Power Apps is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Enthusiastic to learn and master the internal products and services
- Understanding of formal project and operations management methodology
- Understanding of best practices regarding client SLA management
- Experience in working with global teams
- Foreign language is a plus
Our Culture: People First, Better Results
In 1993, Independent media agency The Media Business (TMB) was bought by Grey and merged with their existing agency MediaCom to become MediaCom TMB. The Media Business was a people-centric, creative-minded company which dealt with small to mid-sized clients; MediaCom was a more corporate institution servicing major powerhouses such as GSK and Procter and Gamble. It was a match made in heaven – the buying clout of a big agency married with the personal service ethos of an independent. The newly-formed MediaCom (the TMB acronym was dropped) became the success story of the decade, with the agency rapidly rising from 6th place up to the highest billing media agency in just 3 years.
In 2009, MediaCom became the first billion pound agency. Key to their success was exceptional client service, and changing the way in which advertisers connected with their consumers. Mediacom coined the phrase “The Age of Dialogue”- a theory that consumers no longer wish to be told what to buy, rather they want to interact with brands.
Talent gravitated to the leading agency in the UK. MediaCom recognised that in order to continue to attract and retain this talent, they didn’t just need to be good at what they did as a business - they needed to ensure that their employees are looked after in terms of career growth, social life and personal welfare.
There is a dedicated team who ensure that all MediaCom employees receive relevant training throughout the year. There is an emphasis on creativity training to ensure that employees approach clients’ needs in a creative and fresh way. Every employee through from entry level to CEO attended Mediacom’s 2011 creativity training - “Upping Your Elvis”, which focused on new methods of brainstorming, problem solving and ensuring productivity in creative sessions.
MediaCom’s Social Club runs events throughout the year, such as an overnight Halloween Party and a Summer Boat Party. Mediacom’s bar hosts ad hoc celebratory drinks, and in 2011 a monthly ‘MediaCom’s Got Talent’ event was launched, which encourages employees to showcase the fun side of their personalities, and any unusual talents! Recent MGT events have included a DJ Hero competition and music quiz sponsored by Spotify. Drinks and barbecues take place on the rooftop terrace during good weather, and there are multiple sports and other interest clubs run by employees to get involved with.
Employee welfare is approached sincerely at MediaCom. In addition to generous benefits including private healthcare, they have a series of personal welfare workshops under the banner of, ‘Enhance’ addressing topics such as Sleep Problems, Work/Life Balance, and Increasing Confidence. Additionally a life coach is available to all employees to give one-to-one sessions as required.
In 2011, Karen Blackett returned to the agency as the new CEO. She saw that MediaCom had, through its extensive growth, acquired a somewhat Navy-like, regimented structure. Karen acted swiftly to buck this trend by creating an agency of “Pirates” instead; driving a more creative and inclusive approach. She introduced four pillars which all Mediacom employees aspire to work to: Creativity, New Business, Citizenship and Bravery. These pillars were communicated to all employees at a Pirate-themed away day including a “Bravery Island” afternoon which involved a range of optional ‘Brave activities’ such as reverse bungee and eating bugs! Employees are encouraged to continue to be Brave in their everyday life at MediaCom with the introduction of the Bravery Fund: a reward-based scheme whereby employees are nominated by their peers for changing the way they work on behalf of clients.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.