Regional Communication Planning, Blackrock
Job title: Regional Communication Planning Director Group: Worldwide Strategy
Client/s: BlackRock (40%)
Reports to: WW Head of Strategy and Regional Client Lead
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Purpose of the Role:
The Global Commmunciation Planning Director will be centrally responsible for leading the development of the regional media strategy and guiding local implementation throughout the relevant Mindshare offices for BlackRock and iShares brands. The role will be based in London and there may be infrequent travel to Italy, Germany and Switzerland.
Reporting and Responsibilities:
The Global Communication Planning Director reports directly to the Worldwide Head of Strategy, and will work in partnership with the BlackRock WW Client Lead. Both roles are based in London.
The Global Communication Planning Director will be a part of a regional EMEA team, of client leadership and regional buying. The candidate will be responsible for developing regional media strategies for BlackRock and iShares, with specific support from Account Executive and Account Director
The Global Communications Director will also be part of the WW Insight, Strategy, Invention (ISI) Leadership Team, performing an active role in creating and sharing best practice across the regional team and the Mindshare network.
Lead the development of the regional strategy for BlackRock and iShares, working closely with all the major markets (UK, Germany, Italy, Switzerland) and minor markets (France, Spain, Portugal, Nordics)
Lead the development of media thought leadership and innovation across the business
- Ensure we apply a data driven, insight led and test and learn approach to strategic advice
- Rally the internal expertise and knowledge throughout the Mindshare network
- Become a Trusted Partner to the BlackRock senior clients, particularly the media and brand teams, as well as with the creative agencies
- Actively seek forums to build relationships, mobilise the network and share best practice – through media days, conferences, awards ceremonies, weekly calls, quarterly get together and any other feedback loops
- Work with the Mindhshare local offices so that the regional strategy is applied and ensure that the very best possible strategy is applied to all major campaigns in EMEA
Skills & knowledge:
- Experience and Capabilities: Extensive experience in the Media industry, particularly B2B, with a proven track record of developing effective regoional (and ideally, local) media strategies. As well as the ability to lead, manage and inspire central and local agency teams.
- Mindshare Knowledge: Accelerate knowledge of Mindshare, including the skills and services available and the key people who deliver those services..
- Awareness and understanding of research tools, including Mindshare proprietary tools, syndicated services and publicly available data.
- Partners and Suppliers: Up to date knowledge of media owners, content owners, production agencies, research companies and other suppliers which Mindshare or our clients can partner with.
- Sector Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of the Financial (investment) sector
- Client Knowledge: Identifies and actions appropriate opportunities to promote strategic services, Innovation and Mindshare Differentiators
- General Skills: Excellence in communication, presentation and team building
- Influence: Strategically promotes to multiple stakeholders who have different needs and objectives to build broad support for strategies and ideas
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.