Finecast, a WPP company specialising in addressable TV, launched in the UK in September 2017.
As TV audiences’ fragment across a range of platforms and as viewing behaviours evolve, TV advertisers are grappling with how to continue making best use of their most trusted medium. Finecast was created to help solve this challenge.
Finecast enables advertisers to precision-target viewers across multiple on demand, linear and live streaming TV environments. Finecast gives advertisers the ability to deliver targeted ads to audiences watching TV content across multiple broadcasters, connected devices, set top boxes, over-the-top providers and game consoles – all through a single point of access with standardised measurement.
Finecast optimises delivery across the entire addressable TV marketplace. With access to hundreds of different targeting segments, from socio-economic to life stage, purchase and financial data, advertisers can identify and reach viewers whenever and wherever they are watching.
About the Team
Finecast is live in the UK, Australia and Canada. But also planning on being live in another 8 markets in 2021.
The team is made up of an expanding team of 80+ people spanning Engagement, Operations, Client Services, Marketing, Business Operations, Finance and Product, Data & Analytics functions.
Finecast is a team of individuals shaping the future of TV advertising and as such we set high standards for the individuals we hire and the skillsets they bring to our business.
We are a rapidly growing organisation that require a hands-on approach with creative thinking, strong communication skills and a passion for what we do that translates into real energy in our team culture.
There is no place for politics
Finecast is a fun, open, honest place to work where we support each other for our mutual success
The Role Objectives
The Data Scientist is an exciting new role within the Product, Data and Analytics team, creating models and efficiencies to shape Finecast’s products and optimise performance and processes. This supports the requirements and expectations of the advertisers and clients, whilst delivering against the aggressive growth targets. The role will include liaising and working with both the technical and commercial departments across Finecast, providing insights and best practice training.
The key areas of responsibility for the role are as follows:
- Use data modelling and machine learning practices to analyse large datasets to create strategic insights
- Investigate and innovate yield forecasting process
- Build algorithms and design investigations to understand the data to provide tailored insights to our departments and clients.
- Assess the effectiveness of current data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods, using APIs and automation
- Liaise with commercial teams on the gathering and managing requirements
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
- Communicate and present insights to stakeholders and for companywide usage
Finecast are looking for a process driven candidate who possess the right mix of analytical thinking married with commercial understanding to fill the role.
The following skills and attributes will be required:
- Practical experience in SQL, BigQuery nice to have, Python, data science segmentation/prediction algorithms
- Excellent analytical skills and strong statistical knowledge, as well as interest in applying them to complex problem
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Experience with Data Visualisation software
- Experience with using APIs
- Ability to delivery end to end data science projects: understanding business requirements, model creation and optimisation, understanding results and presenting back actionable insights
- Able to effectively manage stakeholder expectations, proactively and reactively
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects within project timeframes
- Knowledge of the media advertising ecosystem, with TV advertising advantageous, especially with familiarity of data architecture of data and reporting feeds
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform advantageous
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.