HR Advisor (FTC)
The HR Advisor is responsible for partnering with the business to support our people managers in relation to all aspects of the employee lifecycle. The HR Advisor will maintain and develop effective working relationships across the organisation, contributing towards our high-performance culture.
A key part of the role is being able to handle a fast moving and constantly changing environment, so being hands on and ready to help with whatever comes up is essential.
- Offering pragmatic solutions and supporting our managers in implementing HR process, policies and initiatives.
- Managing all employee relation cases from beginning to end including probation, performance, misconduct, disciplinaries and grievances with minimal support from the HR Manager.
- Understanding and experience of implementing the TUPE process. The HR Advisor would be able to explain the process to our managers and support and guide our people who may be impacted, escalating to the HR Manager when required.
- Supporting and coaching managers on performance management, ensuring they are carrying out regular appraisals, setting KPIs which are linked to our business objectives and effectively using our internal platform to track progress.
- Partnering with a small business area and having regular talent conversations with Head of department to understand any people issues, talent mapping, succession planning and learning and development requirements.
- Upskilling and advising managers on employment law and keeping up to date with any upcoming legislation changes which may impact our people. For example, Brexit, IR35 etc.
- Actively managing some of our exciting people initiatives such as our sponsorship programme to support our DE&I business objective.
- Coordinate our ‘Evolve’ future talent programme; including coordinating the assessment days, mentoring, checking in with the mentees/mentors and liaising with our Apprenticeship provider.
- Support managers and employees in cases where referral to Occupational Health is required. Work with Unum and Aon on Income Protection claims in cases of employees on long term illness.
- Be a guide for managers in relation to recruitment. Ensure relevant communication in relation to recruitment needs is effectively conveyed to the GroupM recruitment Team and ensure managers comply with every step of our recruitment process.
- Maintain the employee handbook and ensure its up to date in line with the changes in legislation and ensuring we are GDPR compliant in all areas.
- Work with the HR Executive and Assistant to ensure a streamlined service is delivered in line with the needs of the business.
- Provide support and guidance to the HR Assistant and Executive and act as an escalation point.
- Regularly monitor turnover and produce quarterly reports for Group M. Completion of HR and salary surveys as required.
- Support the recruitment of interns and apprentices working with GroupM recruitment as required.
- Support the delivery of key HR Projects and other ad hoc initiatives as required.
Skills and Behaviours
- Have a proven track record as a pro-active and self-motivated HR professional
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage and organise own time effectively
- Appreciates the importance of excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate good influencing and negotiation skills
- Possess the ability to use good judgement when advising the business on appropriate actions
- Demonstrable current generalist HR knowledge in employee relations, performance management and employee legislation
- Confidence in building relationships with all levels of staff
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Driven to achieve a high performance culture
- Is able to work collaboratively within the HR team, our agency and in the wider Group M/WPP group
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.