GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation serving as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, Wavemaker and Mediacom, each global businesses in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com.
The Role Objective
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for a variety of tasks which will include coordination and communication between the business and the Accounts Payable function operated by our shared services partner Finance Plus as well as general support of the Management Accountants.
- Review / audit changes to client and vendor master file daily and report discrepancies
- Raise manual payment requests and obtain necessary back-up and approval
- Review and process staff expenses weekly and ensure adherence to expenses policy
- Review new supplier set-up requests to ensure adherence to supplier policy
- Coordination of Accounts Payable queries and liaison between the business and Finance Plus
Skills and Behaviours
- Proficient in use of standard office software such as Microsoft Office suit (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi task
- Experience of working in an administrative role
- Experience working in a media organisation is desirable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.