Media Planning Manager
Media Planning Manager- ‘Comms Planner’
Location: Based in heart of Spinningfields, with fantastic transport links across the Northwest
Salary: Depending on experience, plus additional fantastic benefits package.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a true Comms Planner to join our growing Media Agency at an exciting time. We want someone who is passionate about communications planning across multiple media channels- ideally with offline experience. You’ll work in close partnership with our Insight and Challenge & Inspire teams to create amazing communication strategies, utilising a wealth of knowledge you can absorb from a truly collaborative approach.
3 best things about the job:
- You will be working on amazing campaigns: The team services a diverse range of brand-led clients, all of which are large household names. These range from sports, to tech, to charity, with a vast range of budgets, but all delivering award-winning campaigns!
- Our team is fully integrated within every team in the agency: this presents a fantastic opportunity to expand your knowledge within Business Intelligence, strategy, performance and activation.
- We have a great company culture and look after our people. We have a great team culture, with a dedication to collaborative working, development and knowledge sharing. We are a super friendly bunch, often catching up over a drink in the pub or with our on-site barista.
Here at MediaCom, we know that our people are our greatest asset in making us the UK’s leading agency and so we make sure our employees are rewarded and looked after in terms of career growth, social life, and personal welfare.
Flexible working is a part of our culture and MediaCom North are proud to be an inclusive employer that can (and will!) offer flexibility in employment from the first day you join us as a member of our team. We recognise that our people want a lifestyle balance that truly reflects and accommodates the many demands of the modern-day world. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss options with anyone interested in becoming a ‘MediaCommer’ as we already have several initiatives in place with options incorporating flexibility from both an hours and location perspective.
We believe that by putting our People First, we deliver Better Results for our clients and create a great place for everyone to enjoy their work.
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced manager, able to be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative media solutions. You will be a great communications planner, with a strong strategic acumen as well as a capacity to build and maintain great client relationships which skills will include:
- Championing inspirational planning, create along with your team brilliant plans using the resources of the agency in planning and execution.
- Experience at a Manager level in a communications planning role.
- Experience developing and managing more junior team members.
- Excellent media knowledge across all disciplines. You will need a clear understanding of roles for media and ability to explain the pros and cons of media channels to substantiate your recommendation.
- Experienced at liaising with clients on a day to day basis as we have a very close relationship with our clients. An ability to build strong regular media owner relationships is also needed.
- Ability to think creatively and put forward new and exciting media opportunities to clients.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving and process.
- Great communication skills: You will be required to present to senior clients regularly
- Microsoft office skills: A good command of Excel and Powerpoint are essential.
- Have an analytical mindset to be able to evaluate media and client data, to provide evidence-based feedback to inform and optimise performance, as well as provide recommendations to drive accounts forward.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.