Paid Social Account Executive, Dyson
Paid Social Executive
Job title: Paid Social Executive
Group: Worldwide Paid Social and Social Team
Clients: Dyson EU
Reports to: Paid Social Account Director
Ours is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. We were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world’s most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mindshare’s birth in 1997 shifted the focus from media as a pure commodity to media as a change agent.
Our ambition was to go beyond the traditional media descriptors of “Optimise, Capitalise, Maximise.” We will not be defined by the formulaic definitions of media. Mindshare’s story is about teamwork. It’s why we called ourselves Mindshare in the first place!
We were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength. We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
Due to the growth of existing clients, we have created several new opportunities within the growing Mindshare Worldwide FAST Paid Social specialist team. We are looking for candidates who want to begin their career within a Paid Social specialist to work with an exciting global brand undertaking significant business expansion into new sectors. The Paid Social Executive will play an influential role in delivering innovative campaigns to help Dyson achieve their current and future business ambitions.
Founded in 1997, Mindshare was set up to pioneer and innovate in order to give our clients a competitive advantage. In the intervening decade, we have been the world's fastest-growing media agency- and we have witnessed a true communications revolution. Traditional notions of what marketing agencies can do have been ripped up and the lines between digital, creative, media, direct and consultancy have blurred. Both for right now and for the future our ambition is to lead the definition of what a media agency can do and should do.
Mindshare FAST (Future Adaptive Specialist Team) is a digital division within Mindshare of integrated performance specialist, managing Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social and SEO for our global clients. The Paid Search and Social channels are combined to form one team, although we maintain 2 individual specialist teams that are unified through their vision, operations, and team development. The Mindshare FAST Paid Social team are responsible for planning, buying and managing Paid Social campaigns as well as multi market coordination for complex global clients within the retail, FMCG, automotive, finance and technology, industries.
Our portfolio of Paid Social clients includes, Unilever, Dyson, General Mills, BP and more… We are thinkers and doers, relentless in the pursuit of success for our clients. We do this by continually seeking and finding the perfect connection between their products and potential customers through Social platforms.
The candidate will ultimately report to the Partner, Search and Social. For personal development and day to day management they will report into the Paid Social Account Director. Working within the Paid Social team they will be integral to achieving client goals, and the development and optimization of Paid Search activity as part of integrated multi-channel campaigns.
Key skills & knowledge:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for digital media, able to articulate what Paid Social is and keen to develop a career within Paid Social.
- Enthusiasm for digital media and keen to develop a career within performance media channel
- Can provide a description of what Paid Social entails
- Analytically minded with experience handling large data sets
- Able to spot trends in sets of data
- Proactive approach to improving their knowledge and capability
- Highly organised, with an effective and efficient approach to managing tasks
- High attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively, collaborate with others and work as part of team
- Additional language skills are advantageous
- An understanding of the functionality of Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience using basic features of excel
- Any programming or coding knowledge is advantageous
- University degree
- SPEED: You will be expected to identify way to accelerate you learning and development. To action innovative opportunities to support with the optimizing search accounts in real time within the fast-paced digital ecosystem.
- TEAMWORK: You should build your team’s trust and confidence by supporting them with client deliverables and ensuring all social accounts are optimized to Mindshare’s Social best practices, actively listening and responding to their guidance.
- PROVICATION: The ideal candidate should curious and courageous pushing themselves outside their comfort zone in order to improve their development and performance.
- Learning how Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat can deliver on Business Objectives for complex global clients
- Support the team with running Paid Social campaigns with the opportunity to also learn how to run YouTube Video campaigns.
- Establish an understanding of the mechanics of Paid Social and complete the necessary specialist qualification, i.e Facebook Blueprint and Twitter Flight School
- Be able to navigate and use all key features of the platforms required to manage Paid Social campaigns, in particular campaign set up and reporting
- Learn how to build Paid Social campaigns and the Mindshare best practices in order to execute campaigns or provide guidelines to local markets
- Understand the plethora of targeting capabilities and ad formats available across the Paid Social platforms
- Learn how to effectively and efficiently determine and create audiences to target for individual clients
- Understand the best practices for the various Paid Social ad formats
- Learn how to utilize the Paid Social platforms and the various formats for Brand and Direct Response campaigns
- Assist with building best practice Paid Social campaigns for clients based on approved media plans
- Ensuring accounts are set up and running to Mindshare best practice
- Complete the campaign budget management checks surfacing the necessary optimisations
- Understand how Paid Social metrics interrelate and can influence each other
- Understand how all Paid Social campaign components can influence each other and performance
- Understand how to identify Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Be able to identify what optimization levers are available to improve Paid Social performance to meet your client’s KPIs
- Have a working knowledge of how to make campaign optimization using the native platform and name 3rd party technology.
- Support with weekly account optimization
- Complete client reporting, analyze campaign results under the guidance and training of the Account Manager, with a view to developing insights out of the data over time
- Contribute to materials required for regular internal or client meetings
- Understand the approach to preparing a media plan in response to a client’s brief
- Contribute to the generation of media plans
- Submit work to senior and internal team members for review and to meet deadlines
- Develop skill sets to become an expert in Paid Social marketing
The Paid Social Executive will be expected to demonstrate an enthusiasm to learn, with an inquisitive approach to develop their knowledge and capability to build, manage and plan Paid Social campaigns. Supporting the team with client campaigns to achieve agreed KPIs, proactively optimizing and monitoring social best practice are being applied, as well as display effective communication within the team and internal stakeholders.
- Inquisitive and proactive approach to learning and development
- Exceptional execution and application of Social Best Practices
- Meeting and exceeding clients performance targets
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us via TalentTeam.UK@GroupM.com.